What's new

Minor gripe here -- shouldn't Locke know how to pronounce players names?

Watcher

Last couple days when I've heard Locke mention Miye Oni he has been pronouncing it "Meeyuh Ohnay". That didn't sound right so I looked it up.

"Meeyay Ohnee" just like I thought it was supposed to be.

He mispronounces a ton of names. He said Bonyanovic for a long time. I stopped giving him **** for it after he said he says a form of dyslexia that makes it hard for him to translate written word to spoken (auditory dyslexia). That being said, since it is his job doing this, he should ask people if it's correct or have someone correct him on some of them.

There are some things to gripe about with Locke, but one things is clear - He works his heart out for the Jazz. I’m not familiar with other play-by-play announcers, but I doubt they provide as much content as Locke. He rolls out of bed and does a podcast and then before going to sleep he does the Empty Your Noggin.

We are lucky to have a guy that is so dedicated.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Interesting. Fortunately I just said it was a "minor gripe". I do appreciate the amount of info he provides.
And for the record, I wouldn’t characterize you or your sentiment as that of a hater or a baby. I actually have ranted about broadcasters just generally ever getting names wrong.

What exactly is he selling out ? And why tf are you so salty about something that has no effect on you

1. I think he has a nasally, whiny voice.
2. I hate that he has an ad every 3 minutes selling whatever he can. I get that you need ads but it's like listening to the Bill O'Reilly show or something. WAY too much.
3. The last time I listened to him he admitted that he was going to steal the ideas of the person speaking to him. I find that to be classless plagiary.
4. I don't find his information to be all that informative. Andy Larsen has worthwhile content. David Locke?
5. I am as entitled to not like Fred Figglehorn as you are to love him. Let's agree to disagree. You enjoy that Nasally Nickelodeon hero and his second hand input.

2. I hate that he has an ad every 3 minutes selling whatever he can. I get that you need ads but it's like listening to the Bill O'Reilly show or something. WAY too much.
3. The last time I listened to him he admitted that he was going to steal the ideas of the person speaking to him. I find that to be classless plagiary.
4. I don't find his information to be all that informative. Andy Larsen has worthwhile content. David Locke?
5. I am as entitled to not like Fred Figglehorn as you are to love him. Let's agree to disagree. You enjoy that Nasally Nickelodeon hero and his second hand input.

lol
1 whatever
2 uhh ... skip them
3 everyone gets ideas from others
4 eh each to their own.
5 i don't love him, but I find some of his statistical stuff really interesting and overall i appreciate the effort he puts in. he can get a little uppity when defending the company line but whatever.

I just think it's bizarre that you care so much to be sooooo disliking of the guy and his material rather than just meh and don't listen to him. The personal insults of him just seem so salty and bitter. Each to their own.

So to be a person who has thoughts on the NBA you have to have 100% complete original ideas and theories? Like you know the idea of talking about basketball is to share ideas.

What age do you have to be to complain about ads you can skip? Like you're either really old and cranky or really young and stupid. IDK which.

I dislike him because he's changed his dialogue many times on certain players, seemingly to support whichever direction the wind is blowing from Lindsey's perch.

He also has very creepy, staring at guys' crotches after interviews. Also remember Exum's 2nd or 3rd summer. Locke mentioned 3 or 4 times during his interview that Exum had developed a butt. Then looked behind Dante as he got off the stool.

I dislike him because he's changed his dialogue many times on certain players, seemingly to support whichever direction the wind is blowing from Lindsey's perch.

He also has very creepy, staring at guys' crotches after interviews. Also remember Exum's 2nd or 3rd summer. Locke mentioned 3 or 4 times during his interview that Exum had developed a butt. Then looked behind Dante as he got off the stool.
We hating on a dude being an butt man now? Yall complain about anyting

1. The act of creating a plagiary is plagiarism. That’s the word you’re looking for.
2. That’s not plagiarism.

You might wanna take high school journalism again.