What's new

More Mitchell Love

You are the only salty bitch. If this was Donovan’s 2nd year in the nba and Simmons 1st year then I would think it would be dumb to give Donovan the rookie of the year award too. Since I think you should have to be in your first year in the nba to be a rookie. I dont think griffin should have won it either.

We all understand your POV. Why harp on about it (hissy fit)? We all know he is eligable.

I think it’s cool how most NBA players and coaches seem to genuinely like Mitchell more than Simmons.

Lol. See how much they like him when he becomes a legitimate threat to them and their success. Simmons arrived in the league as a threat.

How many coaches or GMs take Mitchell over Simmons?

Both are deserving but BS did have a full year absorbing the professional game - a luxury that DM did not, yet still excelled at.

To avoid this BS in the future they should award ROTY only to the players that were drafted immediately prior to the beginning of the current season. If a player is injured for an entire season - tough luck. I'd say the same if BS' and DM's situations were reversed.

The arguments around Simmons is his eligibility and I dont think the noise around it would be as loud if he was American.

This is way off base. Most succinctly, there’s a lot of noise around it because it is a clear and unique circumstance that entirely differentiates the two candidates.

Maybe a little more noise is there because Simmons was a no doubt #1 pick and expected to be great.
Also, maybe a little more because NBA people just like Mitchell more, which is about mentality/personality and not nationality.
You are creating this idea.

Lol. See how much they like him when he becomes a legitimate threat to them and their success. Simmons arrived in the league as a threat.

I’m not entirely sure what this means. Could you explain this more clearly for me? What is the nature and scope of the this ‘threat’? Seems like you are implying people are envious or something.

I think it’s cool how most NBA players and coaches seem to genuinely like Mitchell more than Simmons.

Mate that’s because Simmons is a prime time douche. Always has been regarded as such even before he went over to the US and he’s done nothing to disprove it

How many coaches or GMs take Mitchell over Simmons?
Most of them would take Mitchell. He has what ever GM and owner want.

Unless they have an Australian bias.

Both are deserving but BS did have a full year absorbing the professional game - a luxury that DM did not, yet still excelled at.

To avoid this BS in the future they should award ROTY only to the players that were drafted immediately prior to the beginning of the current season. If a player is injured for an entire season - tough luck. I'd say the same if BS' and DM's situations were reversed.

Yep

Probably the difference between DM's slow start and BS's fast start. BS had a good month or more of conversation that no one was even close. Had Mitchell killed it from the start, maybe it seems closer now, because I think there is still a stigma that even though it's a race, to me BS is still the heavy favorite when in reality DM deserves it just as much if not more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watch a lot of NBA ****, and the general feeling I get listening to commentators and talking heads is that Simmons is easily in the lead for ROY. I just watched the latest Starters episode, and they were discussing whether an epic collapse by the Sixers would improve Mitchell's chances of winning the award, and they were skeptical that even that would get it done.

I hope its a shared award.

Im in neither camp tbh. The only people who are wrong in this argument are those who have a clear winner or one way in front of the other.
I wouldn't mind if it's shared, but how can Mitchell not be the clear winner?? Offensively he's carrying this team, a team that lost Hayward and Hill, our two best offensive scorers. The jazz are putting the ball in his hands in crunch time. He has almost single-handedly changed the perspective of this team despite Hayward leaving. Simmons is putting up stats on a talented team to lean on. Mitchell has an all world defender in Gobert, and Who is a great shooter and hella smart and Rubio who is having somewhat of a career year, but not without his flaws. Bottom line is if Mitchell isn't scoring or not getting it done in crunch time, the jazz aren't winning unless Gobert, Rubio, or someone else has an out of body experience. You can't say that about Simmons. There is so much more on Mitchell's shoulders. And The 76ers only have two more wins then Utah in a weaker conference.

While both are having stellar rookie seasons, and I use this term lightly with Simmons. Mitchell is the clear favorite in my eyes.

I wouldn't mind if it's shared, but how can Mitchell not be the clear winner?? Offensively he's carrying this team, a team that lost Hayward and Hill, our two best offensive scorers. The jazz are putting the ball in his hands in crunch time. He has almost single-handedly changed the perspective of this team despite Hayward leaving. Simmons is putting up stats on a talented team to lean on. Mitchell has an all world defender in Gobert, and Who is a great shooter and hella smart and Rubio who is having somewhat of a career year, but not without his flaws. Bottom line is if Mitchell isn't scoring or not getting it done in crunch time, the jazz aren't winning unless Gobert, Rubio, or someone else has an out of body experience. You can't say that about Simmons. There is so much more on Mitchell's shoulders. And The 76ers only have two more wins then Utah in a weaker conference.

While both are having stellar rookie seasons, and I use this term lightly with Simmons. Mitchell is the clear favorite in my eyes.

Why are you asking me? My opinion wont change your mind.

Hes about to play so how about genuinely watching him (off ball and on) and you tell me what you see.