What's new

Move Alec back to the bench

franklin

He can't hang with starters and is hurting the team. He needs to play against 2nd units again to look good.

He can't hang with starters and is hurting the team. He needs to play against 2nd units again to look good.

stock-vector-illustration-of-a-dog-house-with-a-bone-on-a-white-background-140202526.jpg

With this starting unit I think it's best he comes off the bench. Nothing against his talent, but he just doesn't mesh well with the other 4 starters. He needs the ball in his hands too much. He needs to embrace the Manu role and start tearing people up.

I think in the end this will be the best choice, especially if we ever get a legit 2-way wing. I think we will continue to experiment with Burks the starter though, which we should.

I thought Burks played really well in the last game's 1st quarter. He made some pretty good passes to Kanter. Burks just really has to improve his passing and become more unpredictable. I get the feeling defenses know exactly how he wants to drive now, and he has become much easier to defend.

1. Needs to improve passing, especially drive and kick/dish game.

2. Needs to learn how to attack in Quin's system.

I would start Ingles instead of Burks. Burks should stillt get 30 minutes a game, he could get the Manu Ginobili role on this team.

Start ingles put Burks in the bench.... watch the team struggle and keep losing.

Move ingles back to the bench and start hood.... watch the team struggle and keep losing.

Put Burks back into the starting lineup..... watch the team struggle and keep losing.

This team is young and inexperienced with a new coach and new system playing in the tough west and have looked pretty good so far (alot better than last year)

No matter who starts our comes off the bench we well lose alot.... we were predicted dead last in the west.

Start and play the guys who have been here and will be around for years, and let them develop chemistry for a season and get into a comfort zone.

Don't start messing with confidence and chemistry after a few games (which we have looked pretty good in)

By the way, ingles is easy to defend and predictable.... run him of the the point line and play the passing lanes.... he is no threat to take it to the rim

I wouldn't start Ingles or Hood, I'd use standard JF logic:

Burks is stealing Exum's minutes. Who in their right mind would draft a player in a loaded draft and bench him under a veteran who obviously doesn't have star potential? The Jazz are going to stunt Exum and ruin his potential. Burks has a PER of just 12.8, compared to 11.9 for a 19 year old rookie who has only played 9 games and never played anything higher than high school basketball. Exum's win shares/48 are double what Burks is; he obviously has a much better team impact and is already the better fit.

By the way, ingles is easy to defend and predictable.... run him of the the point line and play the passing lanes.... he is no threat to take it to the rim

So play the passing lanes on a smart passer who is going to be able to exploit defenders being out of position?

But I see no reason to move him back to the bench until we have a much better defensive option.

Isn't our fanbase amazing? Trey sucks, Enes sucks and Alec ain't really cuttin it either but somehow in a strange really unexplainable way our starting five is outscoring teams by 5.2 per 100 possessions. Those dudes have to be playing with Bron and Dwight.

For god sakes let's just let those 24, 23, 23, 22 and 22 year old young adults ball. Just a couple of month. PLEASE

Isn't our fanbase amazing? Trey sucks, Enes sucks and Alec ain't really cuttin it either but somehow in a strange really unexplainable way our starting five is outscoring teams by 5.2 per 100 possessions. Ehose dudes have to be playing with Bron and Dwight.

For god sakes let's just let those 24, 23, 23, 22 and 22 year old young adults ball. Just a couple of month. PLEASE
This.
Big time

We are playing well and most of us have been enjoying these games.... even the losses (except cy but he is never happy)

Isn't our fanbase amazing? Trey sucks, Enes sucks and Alec ain't really cuttin it either but somehow in a strange really unexplainable way our starting five is outscoring teams by 5.2 per 100 possessions. Those dudes have to be playing with Bron and Dwight.

Well I think that is part of why people may want Burks on the bench, becasue we need scoring off the bench.

Well I think that is part of why people may want Burks on the bench, becasue we need scoring off the bench.

I don't know how many minutes exactly but It does seem like Quin plays Gordo or Alec with the 2nd unit quite often probably for this reason.

I used to be on board with this, but now I am leaning toward Putting Kanter on the Bench where he has Gobert to cover for him defensively and move Booker into the starting lineup. Feed Kanter a lot when he is in. The lesser quality of bench defender will help him see the passing lanes better too, where he can hit Hood or Ingles after the defense collapses. Once he can hit the guys standing open for three THEN we can start to teach him to look for cutters.

somehow in a strange really unexplainable way our starting five is outscoring teams by 5.2 per 100 possessions. Those dudes have to be playing with Bron and Dwight.

Nice stats btw.
I'm glad snyder is an analytics guy.

Hayward and favors seem to both be having the best years of thier career.

Kanter has been playing his best basketball recently.

Burks had a semi breakout game in thier last game.

Definately time to change that starting lineup right as everything might be on the brink of coming together for that unit.

I don't know how many minutes exactly but It does seem like Quin plays Gordo or Alec with the 2nd unit quite often probably for this reason.
Good point.
It's easy to have scoring with the backup unit.

Simply always have one of our better scorers in the game (alec, gordon, enes) with the bench players.
They can still all start