What's new

Moving to China

It's a serious question. I know what a 'Taiwanese' is, but I have no idea what a 'Tai' is.

I mean you're an English teacher right? Help me out here.
This **** should be ban worthy.

It is but it will be more specific than that. I am not sure which ones yet. Ill end up working with one specific group most likely. My guess would be with the mens or womens Snowboard cross team since that is where I have the most experience but who knows.

congrats dude, that sounds like an awesome oppotunity Hope all goes well.

God no. They can remain with mom in the US.
I guess your kids would be a little too young to get much out of it? I think it would be an extremely valuable experience for a young person to spend a couple years in a foreign country, especially one with thousands of years of rich history and culture, like China.

I guess your kids would be a little too young to get much out of it? I think it would be an extremely valuable experience for a young person to spend a couple years in a foreign country, especially one with thousands of years of rich history and culture, like China.

No doubt. I think once kids hit the age of 6 or 7, it would make more sense. Though I am a believer of throwing one to the wolves and full on immersion in many ways.

It's a serious question. I know what a 'Taiwanese' is, but I have no idea what a 'Tai' is.

I mean you're an English teacher right? Help me out here.
The asian man is right.
Thai = thailander
Taiwanese = from Taiwan
Thai = small Chinese ethnic group unrelated to Taiwan.

I'd live to go to china. My wife and I keep thinking we'll spend a year or two there at some point, but it would have to be Shanghai or Guangzhou. Maybe a few other select places, but I'd skew towards one of their "special economic zones"

Anyway, have fun Ron. Chinese people are rad. The food can be great as well.

The asian man is right.
Thai = thailander
Taiwanese = from Taiwan

I'd live to go to china. My wife and I keep thinking we'll spend a year or two there at some point, but it would have to be Shanghai or Guangzhou. Maybe a few other select places, but I'd skew towards one of their "special economic zones"

Good to see you b_line, and congrats on the baby!

The asian man is right.
Thai = thailander
Taiwanese = from Taiwan

I meant to say tai is a small ethnic group in china.

I need to go back to china and practice my mandarin.