What's new

Mt. Rushmore of the Jazz

Very perceptive

Great response. But we definitely would have to expand the Mount Rushmore tableau to include Dantley. I'm grateful I had the chance to watch him play in the Salt Palace. Age does have a few benefits.

Could Larry have spent a bit more money to push us over the top against the Bulls?

I was too young to remember it.

Could Larry have spent a bit more money to push us over the top against the Bulls?

I was pretty young too, but looking back I would think that if Barkley and Drexler were willing to join the Rockets why wouldn't they have joined Stockton and Malone. Actually I don't remeber if the Rockets traded for them or not. The Jazz could have signed someone like Wilkins who bounced around a bit or Mutombo maybe... I don't remember who the free agents were, but there had to been someone better then Thurl available.

I was pretty young too, but looking back I would think that if Barkley and Drexler were willing to join the Rockets why wouldn't they have joined Stockton and Malone. Actually I don't remeber if the Rockets traded for them or not. The Jazz could have signed someone like Wilkins who bounced around a bit or Mutombo maybe... I don't remember who the free agents were, but there had to been someone better then Thurl available.

iirc, they traded for Rony Seikaly and he didn't want to join the team or had a hurt foot or something like that. He would have been a legit center, his career averages are 14.7 ppg, 9.5 rpg, and 1.3 bpg.

Seikaly refused to join the team.

Great response. But we definitely would have to expand the Mount Rushmore tableau to include Dantley. I'm grateful I had the chance to watch him play in the Salt Palace. Age does have a few benefits.

Well if it is expanded then, imo, there are several worthy candidates. Dantley, Hot Rod, Layden, Eaton...

Well if it is expanded then, imo, there are several worthy candidates. Dantley, Hot Rod, Layden, Eaton, palacio...

Fixed

iirc, they traded for Rony Seikaly and he didn't want to join the team or had a hurt foot or something like that. He would have been a legit center, his career averages are 14.7 ppg, 9.5 rpg, and 1.3 bpg.

All well and good but how about a guy who was better than Russell at defending Jordan? Surely they should have recognised that that was the one weakness we had?

I came to this thread to look at funny Photoshop pics of former Jazz players on Mount Rushmore. I'm very disappointed in all of you.

This is the Rushmore that should've been...

Stockton Malone D-Will Boozer

This is the Rushmore that will be...

Stockton Malone Gobert Exum