What's new

MVP Spida?

Oh, ok....

Gobert is awesome. And those comments he made were, and worst, fine. More likely, they were motivating for him and the team. At best, they were just flat-out true.

You doing ok?
I'm doing OK at the moment. You'd need a special app to keep track of my OK status in real time.

His comments were not true. He doesn't have a reliable post move, so just giving him the ball down low is not smart.

Getting him ally-oops, that is smart. Getting him the ball when he has a clear lane to the basket and doesn't need to dribble, that's smart.

Giving him the ball because he has position down low, that's not smart and he was an *** for suggesting that, imho.

That said, he's the most important player on our team. He is the heart and soul of the Utah Jazz.

That's why, when I'm in a delicate emotional state as a fan, and I'm worried and anxious that the team isn't coming together and they are struggling, I hear my favorite player speak out to the media about internal team issues, I suddenly worry that the Jazz have locker room issues and this might be the sign that things are NOT going to turn around but instead disintegrate. That's where I was at. I'm an emotional fan. I'm usually slow to freak out, but in this I saw behaviour that freaked me out because it is not normal for our players to go to the media to complain about not getting their own, and it's especially not normal for Gobert to do that. It looked like a red flag to me and I freaked out.

Obviously I was dumb. Your need to dance and sing and laugh on the pile of stupidity I made makes me want to ask if you're okay? Because it seems to matter a lot to you to shine a light on other people's faults, while casting a shadow on their successes.

I'm doing OK at the moment. You'd need a special app to keep track of my OK status in real time.

His comments were not true. He doesn't have a reliable post move, so just giving him the ball down low is not smart.

Getting him ally-oops, that is smart. Getting him the ball when he has a clear lane to the basket and doesn't need to dribble, that's smart.

Giving him the ball because he has position down low, that's not smart and he was an *** for suggesting that, imho.

That said, he's the most important player on our team. He is the heart and soul of the Utah Jazz.

That's why, when I'm in a delicate emotional state as a fan, and I'm worried and anxious that the team isn't coming together and they are struggling, I hear my favorite player speak out to the media about internal team issues, I suddenly worry that the Jazz have locker room issues and this might be the sign that things are NOT going to turn around but instead disintegrate. That's where I was at. I'm an emotional fan. I'm usually slow to freak out, but in this I saw behaviour that freaked me out because it is not normal for our players to go to the media to complain about not getting their own, and it's especially not normal for Gobert to do that. It looked like a red flag to me and I freaked out.

Obviously I was dumb. Your need to dance and sing and laugh on the pile of stupidity I made makes me want to ask if you're okay? Because it seems to matter a lot to you to shine a light on other people's faults, while casting a shadow on their successes.
Bro, dancing on people’s dumb over-reactions is basically the raison d’etre of Jazzfanz.

Let's see if he even makes the West All Star team. I think so, but probably coming off the bench.
There's an unspoken rule the MVP must be a starter on their AS squad, so it seems. I'm pretty sure Karl Malone started the AS game his MVP seasons.

He’d have to average like 35 a game because our offense spreads out the playmaking. In the stat era you have to have giant numbers... I doubt he’d ever demand the ball enough to win it or be a serious candidate for the award. Also you have to think Joe and DM would likely steal votes from one another.

I’ll settle for finals mvp... and I’m sure DM would too!

He’d have to average like 35 a game because our offense spreads out the playmaking. In the stat era you have to have giant numbers... I doubt he’d ever demand the ball enough to win it or be a serious candidate for the award. Also you have to think Joe and DM would likely steal votes from one another.

I’ll settle for finals mvp... and I’m sure DM would too!

That’s my read on it. His scoring will be high because he’s way more efficient this year, but he won’t have MVP numbers because Bogie and Conley will be scoring options too. Plus the system spreads out scoring and assists so it’s hard for anyone but Rudy to put up ridiculous stats.

Great for winning, not that great for winning awards. My guess is that he’s totally fine with that trade off.

Bro, dancing on people’s dumb over-reactions is basically the raison d’etre of Jazzfanz.

Duh. Why else would we come here?

Gameface has no issue ******** on people, but dude gets real sensitive when it happens to him.

Bruh, you made probably the dumbest thread we'll see all year. You've earned the guff.

Coach Thibs was the first person to hint DM might win MVP. It was during the World Cup when he compared DM's play to of team-USA DRose and said Rose had continued that momentum to the NBA season eventually winning the MVP and Donovan could do the same.

We all know it's a long shot but so it was for DRose. The interesting thing is CHI then was a great defensive team first and foremost and they got the #1 seed which paved the way for Rose getting the MVP. I mean DM can't possibly match the production of other seasoned stars but what happens if Utah clinches the #1?

derick rose mvp season...

25ppg - 7.7 ast - 4.1 rebounds - 1 steal
.445 FG
.332 3p
.858 Ft%

donovan mitchell so far....
25ppg - 4.1 ast - 5.2 rbs - 1.5 steals
.484 fg%
.408 3pt%
.787 ft%

Great. Now throw up Giannis’ stats.

this may be a bad call but... I would not like having an MVP player on my team. Seems like all candidates these days are bigger than the team and are required to be massively ball dominant; Jazz have a great balance at the moment, when things like MVP races start up it can mess with the dynamics and team first mentalities.

this may be a bad call but... I would not like having an MVP player on my team. Seems like all candidates these days are bigger than the team and are required to be massively ball dominant; Jazz have a great balance at the moment, when things like MVP races start up it can mess with the dynamics and team first mentalities.
Finals MVP works for me