What's new

My 2013 Dream Draft

Do you Agree with what I have Said?

• Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
Let me go on record as saying, whomever the Jazz draft it was a mistake. They should have moved up to get that really good player, because I knew all along that he was going to be rookie of the year and then an All-Star.

Of course if they couldn't move up, the Jazz should have got that other guy with one of their two picks. I can't believe they missed him with both picks. I always thought his skills would translate to the next level better than the guys they drafted.

Keep this post book marked for 2 years, then I am going to look really smart.

I'm saying it now... Burks will have a better career than Victor!!!!

Teacher to student!!
I love comments like these. There is no tentativeness at all. your Basketball genius shall indeed be tested. The truth is that I am worried about Burks more than the other 3 (Hayward, Kanter, and Favors). I very much Hope Burks will pan out, and he could very well do so, but Victor seems to me be a very sure thing on the defensive end. He's Tony Allen with more athleticism and that is important. Tony Allen is a top 5 perimeter defender in the NBA and the way the NBA is going, To be a championship Contender, you have to be able to defend the perimeter. How is Memphis so good? Well one of the reasons is that they have two of the top 5 perimeter defenders in mike Connally and Tony Allen. Don't get me wrong. I respect what you have to say and believe that there is substance to it, but I do think there is something to be said about defending the perimeter in today's NBA and how Oladipo will be 1st class in that category, and likely better on offense than Allen. If the Jazz had Tony Allen instead of Foye at the 2, would we be better? Heck Yeah!!

Here's the thing Zulu, you actually do trade burks if it =Victor Oladipo... Don't get me wrong, I love Burks, but I also Love Big Al and he doesn't get us to contender status. I'm Not sure yet that Burks is anything more than a solid 2 off the bench. I hope he makes a jump next season, but it's unclear that he does.

I think Burks will be more than a solid two off the bench. He has wised up greatly this year, is showing a much improved shot and he also rebounds very well for a 2. Combine that with his elite ability to get to the rim and I think that Burks will be in this league for a long time.