What's new

My daughter running a timed 40 yard dash

Awful. I feel terrible for the kid and parents. Another epic fail for religion and conservative assholes.
My kid has been in club sports since he was 6 years old. Providing documentation to prove the kid is competing in the correct category is standard for every single competitor at anything above the recreational level. As my kid coming out of 3rd grade is already over 5 feet tall and solid, not lanky, there are many parents who would question his age. His birth certificate is on file with the national governing bodies of his two primary sports along with new headshot photos taken of him every year when we renew his membership with the governing bodies.

Every athlete is checked by the computers at the time of entry in the event and the referees check every kid against the image they have on file to verify the kid about to compete is the kid that was entered. This "investigation" happens at every meet or match with every competitor. As my kid has gone through that check about once per month for years, the stranger part about reading that story was realizing Utah High School Sports doesn't do that. I think the UHSAA should be made to explain why, in this age of computers and the internet, they are still running events the same way they did 70 years ago.

My kid has been in club sports since he was 6 years old. Providing documentation to prove the kid is competing in the correct category is standard for every single competitor at anything above the recreational level.
I'm unsure if you are truly so stupid that you don't understand the difference between registration criteria and being called out as a misfit when you win something, or if you are just too heartless to care.

I'm unsure if you are truly so stupid that you don't understand the difference between registration criteria and being called out as a misfit when you win something, or if you are just too heartless to care.
She wasn't called out. She never knew. Her parents never knew. The organizers checked someone's background and confirmed she was eligible. That is the story. Did you read it?

She wasn't called out. She never knew. Her parents never knew. The organizers checked someone's background and confirmed she was eligible. That is the story. Did you read it?
This time, as far as we know, the parents didn't post this on social media. Next time, it just might be.

Took my youngest who turned 5 almost two months ago to the track today because I had to take my son in for basketball camp which was right there.

She was all over the place with her times but her fastest was 9.3. I went back and looked and my oldest ran a 9.4 and 9.5 at two months younger of an age…so they’re basically running the same times at the same age. But the youngest is far more grown (90th percentile) and she didn’t even look like she was sprinting. Like at all. So I can’t even tell if she’s really trying. I’ll try the older two in a month.

Took my youngest who turned 5 almost two months ago to the track today because I had to take my son in for basketball camp which was right there.

She was all over the place with her times but her fastest was 9.3. I went back and looked and my oldest ran a 9.4 and 9.5 at two months younger of an age…so they’re basically running the same times at the same age. But the youngest is far more grown (90th percentile) and she didn’t even look like she was sprinting. Like at all. So I can’t even tell if she’s really trying. I’ll try the older two in a month.
Update?

She ran 7.0 on a track today too in flats. And 19.0 for the 100 meters. Lol.

My five year old son (turns 6 in December) ran a 7.7 40 and 22.1 for the 100 meters. Didn’t even look like he was trying all out on the latter either.

The 8 and under record is 13.65. He’s got 3 years and four months to get there!!!

Just came back to look at this and my son’s speed from 13 months ago. Dude’s been flying around flag football. 15 rushes, 372 yards, 7 tds lol. One play last night on defense he fell down going for a flag, got back up, and hawked the kid down after being about six yards behind him in fairly bad rain. Looks like he ran a 7.7 40 last year. I think he hits <6.5 in the spring. Maybe really close to a 6.0.