What's new

My first book is free this weekend.

Edgewriter

EOTM-ebook - nook.jpg
Hey. guys. Just wanted to give you a heads up. If any of you haven't had the chance to pick up my first book yet, there is a promotion running this weekend. Eye of the Moonrat is being offered for free from today through Tuesday, October 7th. This is the kindle ebook edition. If you don't have a kindle you can still pick up the book for free and read it on your phone, tablet, or PC with the free Kindle App.

https://www.amazon.com/Eye-Moonrat-Bowl-Souls-ebook/dp/B0082V0ZHM/ref=tmm_kin_title_0

I figure I'll probably get some grief from some of you guys, but since I we have been talking about the series and my self publishing experience for quite a while here, I figured I should let you know this was available.

Please let me know what you think of the book. Some of the guys here have read it over the years. It is a fantasy novel. My style is similar to, say, David Eddings or R.A. Salvatore if you are interested. Here is the back cover blurb:

Justan was raised on the outskirts of the Dremaldrian Battle Academy. He watched his father ascend the ranks within the academy to become one of the most respected warriors in the kingdom. The only thing he has ever wanted is to become an academy student and follow the path of his father. Unfortunately, only the best can enter the academy and Justan is a horrible fighter. Everyone tells him that he is more suited to scholarly work than swordplay. In desperation he hurls himself into training, eager to overcome the doubters and walk into the academy triumphant, unaware that secretive powers plot to disrupt his plans.

Meanwhile, an evil wizard of immense power is using magic to twist the bodies of the creatures of the land and transform them into monsters. With these creatures and the peoples of the wilds, he is building an army . . .

Ogres and dragons, warriors and wizards are destined to clash, their fates guided by The Bowl of Souls.

Eye of the Moonrat is book one of The Bowl of Souls series.

Book Two: Messenger of the Dark Prophet
Book Three: Hunt of the Bandham
Book 1.5: HIlt's Pride:
Book Four: The War of Stardeon
Book Five: Mother of the Moonrat
Book Six: Tarah Woodblade
Book Seven: Protector of the Grove

Thanks

View attachment 3800
Hey. guys. Just wanted to give you a heads up. If any of you haven't had the chance to pick up my first book yet, there is a promotion running this weekend. Eye of the Moonrat is being offered for free from today through Tuesday, October 7th. This is the kindle ebook edition. If you don't have a kindle you can still pick up the book for free and read it on your phone, tablet, or PC with the free Kindle App.

https://www.amazon.com/Eye-Moonrat-Bowl-Souls-ebook/dp/B0082V0ZHM/ref=tmm_kin_title_0

I figure I'll probably get some grief from some of you guys, but since I we have been talking about the series and my self publishing experience for quite a while here, I figured I should let you know this was available.

Please let me know what you think of the book. Some of the guys here have read it over the years. It is a fantasy novel. My style is similar to, say, David Eddings or R.A. Salvatore if you are interested. Here is the back cover blurb:

Thanks

I see both of those authors as really good, but very different in styles.
I have both high up on my list for different reasons.

I'm also so lazy I haven't made the time to get to your series. Maybe the free promo will kick me into gear so I buy the rest of your series if I like it.

Thanks for the post.

Hi, Mr Cooley! How are you? I hope everything fine with your writing adventure.

Ahh, this thread reminded me that I owe you a review. Please forgive me for not doing it yet. I've been away from the forum for the most of the last year because of personal reasons(sending you a pm). More importantly I've been away from books too. So I was interrupted reading your series, though I had read the first two books as you know and was indeed hooked by the series. But I think I will have to start over from the scratch. I think I need a fast reading at least.

Anyway, I'm very glad to see the series going on as intended and you've already published the book seven. That's a fantastic pace for S/F series.

I couldn't stand reading a book electronically, but I have been considering switching to paper from audio. Which book of yours is best? (recommendations from everyone who's read them too)

I couldn't stand reading a book electronically, but I have been considering switching to paper from audio. Which book of yours is best? (recommendations from everyone who's read them too)

Franklin, in my opinion my books get better as I go, but the books are a series. So it's kind of hard to read them out of order and have the same experience. However, my first book is coming out in Audiobook form in November. I have been listening to the finished chapters and my narrator did a great job. His name is James Foster. You can check out samples of his work on his site, https://jamesnarrates.com/

Franklin, in my opinion my books get better as I go, but the books are a series. So it's kind of hard to read them out of order and have the same experience. However, my first book is coming out in Audiobook form in November. I have been listening to the finished chapters and my narrator did a great job. His name is James Foster. You can check out samples of his work on his site, https://jamesnarrates.com/

Now you're talking. I burn through a book a week as I'm spending a few hours driving or fishing every day and always have a book going in my ear. Please update as soon as the audio version is available.

Thanks. I just purchased it (free is the right price for me). I'll read it...eventually. Might even pay for the next one if I like it.

Thanks. I just purchased it (free is the right price for me). I'll read it...

Ditto.

"Bought" it last night and got to about 2% before falling asleep. Not the book's fault, just that it was very late at night and I was tired. I'll start earlier tonight!
:)

Just wanted to let you know I bought the first book the right when you posted your original thread about it. I really enjoyed the book. I'm not much of a reader though so I haven't gotten around to reading the next ones in the series. I promise I will do so soon... haha. But just wanted to say congrats and thanks for the good book.

Just wanted to let you know I bought the first book the right when you posted your original thread about it. I really enjoyed the book. I'm not much of a reader though so I haven't gotten around to reading the next ones in the series. I promise I will do so soon... haha. But just wanted to say congrats and thanks for the good book.

Thanks, Dark Mount. That's really cool!

Bitchin, and great choice apparently. I just started listening to The Mortal Instruments series and see he does some work for Riordan too. You movin up in the world bro.

For clarification: I read your free chapter of Tarah Woodblade and enjoyed it a lot. Should I start with that or is it better to backtrack? It seemed like a good stand alone start to me...