What's new

My locks for the 2010 NFL Season

Gyp Rosetti

Banned
I'm not sure who remembers but I predicted the Over or Under based on Vegas set O/U's for three NFL teams last year. The outcome? 3-0. I predicted that the Giants, Dolphins, and Titans would all go under and I was correct. This year? Here goes. I strongly advise you listen and get to Vegas. Trust me.

Under 5.5: Tampa Bay Bucs--No way this team gets to six wins. Raheem Morris showed how clueless he was last year which is scary because usually players welcome a new coach, are re-energized by their freshness and do well in year one. Instead, everyone knew from day one just how much of a debacle Morris was. The Bucs are very shaky at QB and at the skill positions, and have question marks at so many different positions it would make the riddler proud. Take the under here. A 3-13 or 4-12 finish is in their cards.

Over 9.5: Cowboys--9.5??? Really? This is a lock. Romo has matured into one of the best QB's in the league and Free is just fine at LT. This team is stacked with so much talent it's ridiculous and most people forget how they were dominating the Vikings in Minnesota for the first quarter or so of the divisional playoffs last year but a couple of missed field goals, bad momentum, and a Flozell Adams injury killed them. Trust me when I say defenses will find it impossible to stop a Jason Witten, Felix Jones, Miles Austin, Dez Bryant and anyone else package come November. Oh yeah, and defensively they still have Ware, a developing Spencer, and one of the best young corners in first time (another prediction for this year) pro bowler Mike Jenkins who's an absolute stud. The 'Boys will struggle at safety some but it doesn't matter; this team is beyond the hoopla and TO or Pacman days. They're a lock for 10 wins, and probably more like 11 or 12.

Under 11: Chargers--I'm stunned the Chargers are this high. Vegas' and people's betting perceptions of them are so different than their reality. That they're slowly crumpling. LT was too old and is gone. Their starting LT McNeil is holding out and I expect some poor play or an injury (the two usual outcomes) if and when he does return. Cromartie's gone and they were already a suspect passing defense to begin with. Shawn Merriman is well, no longer Shawn Merriman. Vincent Jackson is holding out (and Malcolm Floyd is gone too) and even if he does return is suspended the first four games of the year. No way do they lose for you here and get to 12 wins. No way in hell with so many question marks and the teams in this division all getting much better. This is a lock not to lose and I love another slow start for the Chargers followed by a solid finish for a 9-7 season to win the division.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some others I like include:

Over 9.5: Baltimore--No way they only go 9-7 with the Browns, semi-shaky Steelers, and Bengals in the division as well as a 2nd place schedule. The Ravens are one of my faves for the Super Bowl and I can't imagine a 9-7 or worse season. Their secondary is shaky but their front seven is still strong and should help combat those flaws enough.

Under 7.5: Denver Broncos--No Dumervil. No Marshall. Bailey another year older. A bad finish last year. No way do they get to 8-8. I just don't see it. I don't have much more to say here other than that.

Under 8: Chicago--Jay Cutler hasn't had a winning season since high school. Do you really need to know anything else? No way do they go 9-7 with the Packers, dare I say it up and coming Lions, and Vikes, with or sans Favre.

I would have also chosen the overs for SF and Miami but 8.5 scares me. If it were 8, I would have put it but one injury could change too much here for me.

Last edited:
I agree with your "locks", but the money line at Mandalay Bay also agreed with you, so I didn't bet them. Not worth the bet.

I threw $100 (6:1) at the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl. I hate them, but think they're the best team and the Super Bowl is in Dallas this year, which gives them more incentive, or pressure. Then again, having Wade Phillips at the helm made me stop and think about it.

Wow I didn't realize the Chargers line, the only way I could see them getting 12 is if the rest of the division absolutely stinks, which is possible with the injuries to DEN and the way the finished, Raiders seem improved but who knows their still the Raiders, KC will be improved but how much? But I think your prediction of 9-10wins is more likely then 12wins.

Wow I didn't realize the Chargers line, the only way I could see them getting 12 is if the rest of the division absolutely stinks, which is possible with the injuries to DEN and the way the finished, Raiders seem improved but who knows their still the Raiders, KC will be improved but how much? But I think your prediction of 9-10wins is more likely then 12wins.

Keep in mind I got these off the net so I'm not sure how reliable they are. I didn't hunt around too much.