What's new

My mind has been blown. It is all now real, for real. (Rock Band 3)

The-Joker

Banned..... LOLJK!!1!
Contributor
To start I just wanna say I'm an avid fan of the rock band series. I have all the songs from RB 1, RB Green Day, RB AC/DC, Rock Band Beatles, RB Lego and hundreds of dollars worth of DLC uploaded to my ps3 to play on Rock Band 2. It's essentially what me and my friends did in High School. Me and my one friend even got our last period of the day off senior year so we could go home and play Rock Band, before we went to work.

I am also an amateur guitarist... I'm good, not great. I tutored for a little while, and was fairly successful at that, but I"m not one who throws down epic solos on a dime. There was a garage band in the works at one time, but it fell apart before it began. Too my credit I've got down a couple of decent Clapton and Beatles riffs that aren't terrible, justmacoustic stuff. And I've messed around with an electric as of late, didling mostly with some Nirvana and Foo Fighters tracks.

So as an amateur musician,a teenager of the Aught's, and as an avid fan of rhythm games. What I have seen from rock band 3 has blown my mind. And as a former tutor, I think it will revolutionize the industry.

I reccomend watching this in hi quality so you can see the intricate details.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5De9eCH1EU

Thank God I'm out of the tutoring business, there is no way in hell I could keep up with this video game. Rock band 3 has changed things from "why don't you play a real instrument instead of that game" too "you need to practice your rock band".

Here is what the instrument looks like
rock-band-3-omg-instruments-rm-eng.jpg

The black one, which is a Fender "Squire" (which isn't a great electric, but it's the thought that counts) doubles as a video game guitar and a real guitar if you plug it into an AMP.

And that thing in the bottom right corner.... that my friends is a functional keyboard w/ two octaves. Rock Band has now gone from Ozzy to Elton. And more importantly towards the greatest front man of all time... Freddie Mercury (this next video has a Bohemian Rhapsody get up, which makes that relevant).

Watch this video and you can see the intricate details of the keyboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekU6kNCWjyg

Thoughts other than that i really need to get a life/laid.