What's new

Nash has interest in Utah?

margodydek

I didn't see it, but I guess before the Clips/Grizz game Chris Broussard mentioned that Nash isn't interested in NYK or Miami, and he mentioned that he may have interest in Utah. Anybody see this? I'm just going by what I saw on twitter, but can anyone give a better description on what he said?

Going through other tweets, I may have been off, but apparently, according to Broussard, teams in the hunt for Nash are Orlando, Miami and Utah. Maybe he was just playing that "which one is not like the others" game?

Supposedly, Utah was second on his list when he signed with Phoenix. I don't see it happening now but who knows?

Apparently NYK was the only team that, (once again) according to Broussard, Nash wouldn't want end up on. He said he and Melo would not be a good fit.

Corbin would basically be forced to consult Nash heavily on what offense to run and which plays need to be in the playbook. Like getting the good of D'Antoni without D'Antoni.

Definitely getting way ahead of myself here. But I've already thought about this too much.

He would be a good fit here. The real benefit would come if the Jazz were able to get a pick and draft Marshall, or even Lillard, and let them be tutored by Nash over the course of a season.
Obviously Harris is dumped in this scenario.

I thought it was Wilbon (most likely Broussard I suppose) that said in the pre game show "He is a good fit in Utah". Something along those lines. Dont know if he said Nash expressed any interest.

Last edited:
Obviously Harris is dumped in this scenario.

Sign Nash and then trade Harris to Phoenix for Jared Dudley and a 2nd round pick.

Jefferson also has to go being he has zero value in Nash's transition offense. You trade him to NO for Emeka Okafor. NO, who has the worst offense in the WC, gets a proven scorer who is expiring while at the same time shedding 13 million off their payroll 2013-14.

Utah becomes an instant defensive powerhouse with a Favors/Okafor front court. And with Nash's ability to get them the ball deep in the post, these moves will net this team 52-55 wins. And all of this will be pretty much cap neutral with CJ Miles contract coming off the books. Which still gives The Jazz plenty of room to either re-sign Millsap after next year or offer James Harden a max deal.

Of course using the GS pick to get a young PG to understudy for Nash would be the icing on the cake.

Last edited:
If Nash has only a few years left I don't see him coming here... but we are just an established GOOD player away from being a contender! Also, we love good PG play here in Utah/Colorado.

...I heard that Nash is going for one last BIG contract! Doubt the Jazz are willing to do that!

He makes 11mil now and he wants a 3 year deal which will pay him past the age of 41. He'll be older than Stockton was when he retired.

If he really thinks he should get 10+ mil then I wish him luck. Jazz should be able to offer 8 mil per; which to me is fair for a guy who will play only 29mpg.

And of course he needs a team where he can be "Steve Nash" - hell, fire Corbin and make Nash player/coach

I think Nash could do so much for this team offensively (defensively is another question). I would love to see him running the pick and roll with Favors all game long. If this happens, and Favors plays 36 minutes/game, I predict he (Favors) will average over 17 points/game next year (he was already at 15/36 this year).

Candrew owning the tread once again. Anybody who can realistically paint a scenario where we end up with Nash, Lillard, and Okafor instead of Jefferson is my besty.

Ideally we would dump Harris, but if we get him, we still need a good backup. You can't play Nash 30+ minutes every game, you have to preserve his body for the playoffs.

Sooooo, have we determined whether this was Brousard/Wilbon's suggestion or whether we are indeed rumored to be a preferred destination? The answer to that will determine my interest level in this thread going forward. Thank you in advance for any and all answers.

Ideally we would dump Harris, but if we get him, we still need a good backup. You can't play Nash 30+ minutes every game, you have to preserve his body for the playoffs.
I say after every game we put him in a chamber of fermaldehyde and then release him before every game thus achieving the preservation.