What's new

NBA Free Agency Moves in General (related to the Jazz, but not just moves made by the Jazz)

How is Golden St paying Iggy so much? Aren't they buried in tax penalties after paying Steph 40 million a year and keeping Durant?

They are rich as ****.
Going to be fun to see how much tax they'll pay, especially if/when the repeater penalty kicks in.
Durant hasn't re-signed yet, has he? Curry and Durant both said they'd make sacrifices to keep the team together. That sure went out the window with Steph. I wonder if Durant will now demand "his." He did carry the team in the Finals.

They're at about $85M with just Curry, Thompson, Green and Iggy.

Sad part of that is Green and Thompson are locked in at amazing contracts. But GS could conceivably have to part with both as their contracts expire.

Last edited:
How is Golden St paying Iggy so much? Aren't they buried in tax penalties after paying Steph 40 million a year and keeping Durant?
Yeah, I was wondering the same. Their tax bill is going to be astronomical.

It's not a lock they win chip after chip. They'll be at the tax line with just their starters (and that will include a discount center) and have limited ability to fill out a bench. Just an injury away from trouble.

It's going to be steep, and they'll pay it for now. Once the repeater tax kicks in, no way in hell they keep paying. It will easily be twice the cap and maybe 3 times.

They will pay this year, maybe next. After that they will cut costs for sure IMO.

If they have injuries and lose a finals in the next 2 years, I believe they will crash because of the costs.

Everyone making the playoffs in the West.
It's time to dissolve the conferences. This will likely be the year with the worst disparity between East and West. I think there have been a few times when all WC playoff teams won 50 games or more. Despite everyone beating up on each other, I could see that happening again. And in the EC, 30 wins might get you an 8 seed.

[TWEET]881372229740748800[/TWEET]
https://twitter.com/C_stephan11/status/881372229740748800

lies.jpg

Everyone making the playoffs in the West.
It's time to dissolve the conferences. This will likely be the year with the worst disparity between East and West. I think there have been a few times when all WC playoff teams won 50 games or more. Despite everyone beating up on each other, I could see that happening again. And in the EC, 30 wins might get you an 8 seed.
Yeah. It's going to be BAD.

Gonna have to weather that inevitable storm of rumors tomorrow. "Hayward's meeting with Celtics went VERY well. HEAVY favorites now." "Brad Stevens VERY convincing in film session with Hayward." ugh

Check out these idiots on ESPN. Note Pippen's argument around the 2:10 mark. Who cares if you win or lose! Just go to Miami so you can relax on the beach!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiv3ONuw-l0&t=129s

his salary was super low cuz jordan was getting everything... salty as **** lmao

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Gonna have to weather that inevitable storm of rumors tomorrow. "Hayward's meeting with Celtics went VERY well. HEAVY favorites now." "Brad Stevens VERY convincing in film session with Hayward." ugh

Yeah it's going to be extremely annoying. I'm planning on avoiding all social media and national sports media. I'll stick to Jazzfanz and the Twitter of the different Jazz insiders. I can't take hearing anymore cocky **** from Celtics fans. Hopefully by Monday night Hayward will have re-signed and I can watch as they have a meltdown.

Yeah it's going to be extremely annoying. I'm planning on avoiding all social media and national sports media. I'll stick to Jazzfanz and the Twitter of the different Jazz insiders. I can't take hearing anymore cocky **** from Celtics fans. Hopefully by Monday night Hayward will have re-signed and I can watch as they have a meltdown.

totally and troll Celtics fans with truckloads of note emojis ..