What's new

NBA Rookies that will outplay their draft position (ESPN Insider)

akirac73

Nothing new that Jazz fans don't already believe, but good to see national media jumping on the Spida bandwagon...

ESPN Insider Article
http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...-outshine-their-nba-draft-pick-2017-18-season

Brief Summary/Snippets:

• Dennis Smith Jr., PG, Dallas, No. 9 pick
  • Donovan Mitchell, SG, Utah, No. 13 pick:
    "Upside: Mitchell is a long, energetic and physical athlete who will find his way onto the floor with his defense and provide an instant spark offensively with his shot-making. Not the most polished decision-maker, Mitchell has his gunner moments, but his frenetic style usually generates more positive than negative results and he's likely to quickly become a fan favorite in Salt Lake City."
    "Situation:...Mitchell makes winning plays, checks up to three positions, works hard and can shift momentum when he gets hot from 3, which should make it difficult for head coach Quin Snyder to keep the rookie guard off the floor. Snyder wants defensive toughness, and Mitchell is well-suited for a sixth man role on a competitive team. With Ricky Rubio, Dante Exum, Thabo Sefolosha, Rudy Gobert and Ekpe Udoh, the Jazz have several different potential plus-defenders on this roster, and Mitchell should slide in seamlessly."

• Justin Jackson SF, Sacramento, No. 15 pick
  • John Collins, PF, Atlanta, No. 19 pick
  • Jarrett Allen, C, Brooklyn, No. 22 pick
  • Kyle Kuzma, PF, LA Lakers, No. 27 pick
  • "Second-round names to watch: Jordan Bell, Semi Ojeleye, Damyean Dotson, Sterling Brown and Ike Anigbogu (if healthy)"

Justin Jackson I don't see it. This draft was very very good. These players plus Simmons could be roy in no order
Ball
Dennis Smith
Tatum
And I got Mitchell coming up 5th. IF I went in order
Smith
Simmons
Ball
Tatum
Mitchell