NBA Top Shot

Saint Cy of JFC

I have news for you... card collecting is also about making money now.

I don't know how sustainable it is at all. I do think its still early. I think some version of this will be around for years... I think it will bubble and crash... what comes out of the rubble will be the sustainable product.

Get an account and buy packs is all I can say... its free money. I got a premium pack this weekend for $199. Basically got about as bad a pack as you could get with Facundo Compazzo being my "rare" I flipped it for $400... sold a few other moments for $350... so I'm up $500 plus with a couple leftover cards. If I had landed Lamelo its going for $4k+
Yeah, I made an account last month when it all started. Thought it was just bogus tho. Maybe Ill buy a pack. They only drop on weekends, right?

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Where are you selling it?
Behind 7/11 while @Hearsky 's mom is "working".

Kidding... thats the cool thing its all on their platform... its all transparent too... you can see the prices. Also if you are into it check out evaluate.market free website will value cards and accounts for you.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
Behind 7/11 while @Hearsky 's mom is "working".

Kidding... thats the cool thing its all on their platform... its all transparent too... you can see the prices. Also if you are into it check out evaluate.market free website will value cards and accounts for you.
I was intrigued by the hearsky's mom option, but I will check out the website too.

Saint Cy of JFC

Where are you selling it?
He's selling in the marketplace, he's just saying you shouldn't buy single cards to flip them. You buy packs (which drop at a certain time and you have to get lucky to get one) then sell those at the marketplace.

Or at least thats what I think.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
He's selling in the marketplace, he's just saying you shouldn't buy single cards to flip them. You buy packs (which drop at a certain time and you have to get lucky to get one) then sell those at the marketplace.

Or at least thats what I think.
Yeah... You also might want to buy one moment (just a cheap one or one you want to collect) because for the premium pack drop you had to have one moment to join the queue.

On the basic packs they go for $9 or $14 dollars and you get 3 moments. The lowest price moment is $8 I think right now... packs are free money if you luck out.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
There is a Jordan Clarkson one that is listing for $6500.

My question is why does anyone actually buy these things in the marketplace? Are they all just looking to flip? So someone might buy the Clarkson one for 6500 and think they can flip it for 8k or something?

Also everything is sold out. When do the new ones drop, someone said on the weekend, is that right?

Here is the Clarkson one...

JC Snip.PNG

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Oh, I'm pretty sure I get emails. I've been meaning to do it, but I didnt realize how free the money was. I thought there was more risk involved.
I signed up for email too... the issue is they do "stress tests" and they are completely random. Have to join their discord to get those announcements. So I thought I was in the know but was not.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner

My question is why does anyone actually buy these things in the marketplace? Are they all just looking to flip? So someone might buy the Clarkson one for 6500 and think they can flip it for 8k or something?

Also everything is sold out. When do the new ones drop, someone said on the weekend, is that right?

View attachment 10468
Do not buy and flip... if you decide to do it only pick Lebron, Zion, Luka, Lamelo... but just don't do it.

There are only 75 of those so it is less about the player and more about scarcity. The serial number matters too. I sold a Joel Embiid common for twice the lowest ask in about 2 minutes because it had a low serial number.

I know this sounds scammy... it is scammy... but if you figure out the scam you can make some McDonald's money. Packs are free money... everything else is risky AF imo.

think about how Bitcoin has crashed and revived multiple times... this will do the same thing imo if it has staying power.

White Chocolate

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
I actually am heavy in to actual basketball cards and know a lot about this too. People are making tons of money. Basically like a raffle to try and get a spot to buy a pack. If you’re privileged enough to be able to buy a $199 pack it is free money. Nobody has been able to cash out yet which has annoyed some people.

Last edited:

Saint Cy of JFC

View attachment 10468
Yes, a lot of the biggest collectors are holding for value.