What's new

Nebraska to join the big 10.

Isn't this old news? I mean, I know it was just made official, but it has been pretty much a done deal for a couple days. Anyway, to answer your question, the B12 is done. It seems at least 4 top teams will go to the PAC early next week.
I had heard rumors but this made it official. I had heard rumors about Colorado to the Pac for 3 years and it just became official.

Wait... I thought Utah was going to leave the MWC and be the biggest baddest bunch of bad asses in the Pac 10 -- *insert obnoxious little brother comment*

/laughs

I had heard rumors but this made it official. I had heard rumors about Colorado to the Pac for 3 years and it just became official.

My comment about it being old news was uncalled for(though I couldn't resist), but at least I did answer your question.

My comment about it being old news was uncalled for(though I couldn't resist), but at least I did answer your question.

Yes you did. My hope is that Texas talks the rest of the teams into not leaving and that Utah goes to the Pac and Byu goes to the Big12 making the rivalry that much more fun and for a lot higher stakes.

warren_buffett.jpg

Yes you did. My hope is that Texas talks the rest of the teams into not leaving and that Utah goes to the Pac and Byu goes to the Big12 making the rivalry that much more fun and for a lot higher stakes.

Agreed. Best case, IMO, would be Texas and the others stay put in the B12, utes go to PAC as the 12th team and BYU replaces Colorado.

From the Dallas Morning News:

Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State will join the Pacific-10 Conference once formal offers are made to them, the Austin American-Statesman reported Friday, citing a highly-placed anonymous official from a Big 12 school.

The official said that Texas A&M officials remain on the fence between joining the Pac-10 or the Southeastern Conference. "The decision has been made," the official told the American-Statesman. Were bringing everybody to the Pac-10 but A&M."

Utes have to hope aTm chooses the SEC and then it will be between them, KU, Baylor and KSU. If aTm chooses the PAC, it's over for the utes.

Agreed. Best case, IMO, would be Texas and the others stay put in the B12, utes go to PAC as the 12th team and BYU replaces Colorado.

I would love for the Big 12 to take BYU and TCU and leave BSU as the only real team left. That would be down right funny.

My hope is that Texas talks the rest of the teams into not leaving and that Utah goes to the Pac and Byu goes to the Big12 making the rivalry that much more fun and for a lot higher stakes.

This would be great, although it really doesn't appear likely.

I'm a little disappointed that the Utes probably won't be going to MEGAPAC, but I'm hoping the MWC is smart and will try to snag a couple of the good Big 12 leftovers like Kansas or Mizzou to get to 12 teams. That would be great not just for football, but basketball too.