What's new

Need some of your brilliant minds to teach me.

pickledXgrandma

Has anyone ever bailed on an apartment rent lease or renting lease?
I have to leave my apartment but I still have six months left on my renting lease.
My last apartment with these douchlords, I had a natural gas leak, my light fixtures were arcing off each other and causing sparks and I had water leaking through the ceiling for three months straight and I had the health department come twice and no action was taken. Is there anyway I could use that against them in the future?

Does your lease have a relocation clause? Most do.. if so.. there's a way.

I doubt the old stuff is of any value.

I lived in apt complex that didn't allow pets. Not even with a deposit and extra rent. Funny thing was it was crawling with cats. I mean, crawling. And otherwise it was a decent place. they kept the grounds really well maintained and it had nice walking paths and big trees and stuff. I'd see cats in people's windows all the time. Anyway, we had a cat. We needed an apt and we couldn't find one that allowed pets. So we smuggled her in. Well a few days after I found out I was going to be leaving for about 3 months and that I was going to a different permanent duty station after that the apt manager contacted me and told me they had discovered our cat. She basically said we had to get rid of her. When I was like that's not an option she basically called me crazy. I just shrugged. She said if we didn't get rid of the cat they'd have to evict us. I was like, oh.

So they evicted us and we left without having to pay the termination fee.

Moral of the story...there isn't one. Good luck with your thing, though.

I lived in apt complex that didn't allow pets. Not even with a deposit and extra rent. Funny thing was it was crawling with cats. I mean, crawling. And otherwise it was a decent place. they kept the grounds really well maintained and it had nice walking paths and big trees and stuff. I'd see cats in people's windows all the time. Anyway, we had a cat. We needed an apt and we couldn't find one that allowed pets. So we smuggled her in. Well a few days after I found out I was going to be leaving for about 3 months and that I was going to a different permanent duty station after that the apt manager contacted me and told me they had discovered our cat. She basically said we had to get rid of her. When I was like that's not an option she basically called me crazy. I just shrugged. She said if we didn't get rid of the cat they'd have to evict us. I was like, oh.

So they evicted us and we left without having to pay the termination fee.

Moral of the story...there isn't one. Good luck with your thing, though.

Sounds like pickle should just try and get evicted.

Just get a friend or someone you know to sub-let from you... just do it quietly - it's only 6 months anyway.

The landlord has to give you notice anyway if he/she wants to inspect or enter the apartment, so you can always just be there when he/she comes and pretend your friend is just flatting with you.

Saves you from going through the courts, etc, which I always try to avoid.

Sounds like pickle should just try and get evicted.

It was an informal eviction. Just to be clear. I'm sure they had that puppy rented out in a jiffy, probably for more than they were charging on my lease. Actually I think they had been letting the cat thing pass, but they were selling to a condo developer, so I think they wanted to clear the place out.

Basically I told them my company was moving me to our second location in Memphis (their not moving me there) but I'm in Memphis now and I will be spending time here and our other locations. So my landlord wanted something in writing from my company stating they are moving me there, so i'm going to have my company write in the letter that I "will be spending extensive time in our other locations in Memphis and Southern Utah" so technically what they are writing is true.

Basically I told them my company was moving me to our second location in Memphis (their not moving me there) but I'm in Memphis now and I will be spending time here and our other locations. So my landlord wanted something in writing from my company stating they are moving me there, so i'm going to have my company write in the letter that I "will be spending extensive time in our other locations in Memphis and Southern Utah" so technically what they are writing is true.

And PKM takes a bow...

Even tho u obvi already had this in the works prior to post #2.

Hmm.. well ....

- he knows you're an AMAZING husband...

- he knows you're an AMAZING father...

- he knows you're an AMAZING lover...

Hmm... let me see... who could he be?!?!?!

"Lover?"

Did I say that?

I don't recall pickled citing that quality...