What's new

Never Forget: Jazz D in 2012-13 w/Al 21st in the League. Charlotte '13: 30th

This right here is why Corbin is not coming back next year.

I completely forgot what a terrible defensive center Al Jefferson was and is. Thanks for reminding me.

Good news from this: It seems coaching can make a huge difference in defense. Other than adding Al, the Bobcats haven't made a ton of significant personnel changes--McRoberts has gotten more minutes and Mullens (awful) is gone. Yet they've made massive improvements defensively as Clifford instituted a coherent, conservative scheme.

On the flip side, the Jazz lost Millsap, Jefferson and Mo, none of whom were regarded as an above average defenders, and they have gotten even worse on the defensive end. That does not bode particularly well for the franchise's future.

Jefferson is having a better year than any with the Jazz. His offensive output is back to his pre acl tear. Coaching or internal development at age 29?

Not sure the above is true. His PER & TS% are right in line w/what he did 2 seasons ago and just a bit ahead of Al's performance last year. His WS/48 are actually down, though its interesting that the % of his WS coming from defense is up while the percentage coming from offense is down. Caveat: WS/48 is not a perfect measure of one's total contributions.

Jefferson is having a better year than any with the Jazz. His offensive output is back to his pre acl tear. Coaching or internal development at age 29?
Lmfao was the man in Utah and a 17/8 player. Hes the man in Charlotte averaging 21/10.

Where exactly does Corbins gameplan, playbook and coaching come from? His ***?

Given a steady diet of Milwaukee, Philadelphia, and Orlando, I could be an all NBA defender. . .

I remember when Al was first signed to Charlotte. My first thought was this team is going to be very bad on D. I can't believe they are doing better. Anyone who says coaching in the NBA isnt important doesn't know the game. Corbin has failed to develop the youth like the should and failed to improve the defense...he better not come back.