What's new

New Nike Uniforms: How Bad Are They Going To Look?

Magic Spray

[TWEET]887410478170767360[/TWEET]
Watch everyone, Jazz are gonna get screwed.

For example:

https://twitter.com/andyblarsen/status/887410478170767360

Also, check out this new ********:

A NEW NAMING CONVENTION FOR NBA UNIFORMS

Coinciding with the introduction of the new uniforms, the NBA is eliminating its “Home” and “Road” uniform designations. Beginning with the 2017-18 season, home teams will pick which of their uniforms will be worn at all home games and visiting teams will choose a contrasting uniform within their own assortment.

Because of this change, Nike and the NBA worked together to create four core uniforms for each team, classified as “editions,” which draw from the rich heritage of the NBA and its respective franchises.

So now who knows what the **** color teams are going to wear.

The first two editions of the NBA uniforms, which will be introduced by teams this summer and will make their on-court debut at the start of the season, are the Association and Icon editions. The two remaining core uniforms, inspired by the mindset of the NBA athlete and the communities that support their teams through thick and thin, respectively, will be revealed in the coming months.

The Association Edition, the traditional home white uniform that all 30 teams will have in their assortment, links them as members of the most exclusive basketball club in the world. It represents an achievement that most athletes have worked their entire lives to reach.

The Icon Edition, previously known as the road uniform, represents the rich heritage and iconic identity that exists within each franchise. This edition utilizes the team’s primary color, a color that dominates the closets of the most diehard fans.

In other words the Association jersey will be white and the icon jersey will be the color version.

And in a shocker to nobody:

Also this season, eight NBA teams will have a Classic Edition uniform that will be available in the fall. The Classic Edition celebrates some of the most iconic uniforms in league history and can be worn at each team’s discretion.

Lemme see if I can guess those eight teams:

Lakers
Knicks
Cavs
Warriors
Heat
Bulls
Rockets
Spurs

oh yeah plus Jazz get a ******** uniform patch. **** THIS ****.

yellow could be good.

mich-yellow-1-620x930.jpg

Watch everyone, Jazz are gonna get screwed.

For example:

https://twitter.com/andyblarsen/status/887410478170767360

Also, check out this new ********:

So now who knows what the **** color teams are going to wear.

In other words the Association jersey will be white and the icon jersey will be the color version.

And in a shocker to nobody:

Lemme see if I can guess those eight teams:

Lakers
Knicks
Cavs
Warriors
Heat
Bulls
Rockets
Spurs

oh yeah plus Jazz get a ******** uniform patch. **** THIS ****.
The Jazz's uniform patch is to support cancer research iirc

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm pretty scared of yellow, but change is exiting. I'm guessing if a lot of yellow is involved it's probably in one of the the latter colorways, like the one inspired by the city.

i have actually wanted to see what a gold uni would look like. Not saying that I would want one but I would like to see what it might look like

The Jazz's uniform patch is to support cancer research iirc

Officially it's for one year. It's a 3 year partnership.

From USA Today:
Instead of the Qualtrics logo on the jersey, a 5 For The Fight logo will be on the jerseys for at least the first season of the three-year deal between the two sides. 5 For The Fight is a charitable organization trying to eliminate cancer with $5 donations at a time with the goal of raising at least $50 million.

Watch, starting year two it's going to be full-blown corporate patch.

And even still, it's a shame.

I like the editions thing but each club should the same number of jerseys. No preferential treatment.

Hopefully this will lead to less use of the white jerseys.

Some Jazz green v Rocket Red or Lakers yellow v Blazers black

Edit: The yellow could be a disaster. Rather go with the green.

please ditch the blue for the purple. also, idk what yall are scared of, yellow jerseys would be sick

Yellow seems fine. Not sure why people get that worked up about the uniforms. Nike uniforms are usually solid. Oregon has some good green and yellow jerseys.

Yellow seems fine. Not sure why people get that worked up about the uniforms. Nike uniforms are usually solid. Oregon has some good green and yellow jerseys.

Yellow might be fine. Depends on how they do them.

also didn't Nike do the Color Rush uniforms in the NFL? A bunch of those sucked.