What's new

New Star Wars Movies

First to be released in 2015. No news of story line or plot yet.

Sweet.

Count me as someone that thinks Disney will make a badass Star Wars.

I'm the furthest thing from a Star Wars geek though. Seen each movie once probly, but I liked em.

Disney is very capable of making a high quality movie. They are also very capable of turning out pathetic money makers that destroy a stoy. (Aladdin 2 & 3, Little Mermaid 2...). If they do this right it will work. Just depends on their intention.

Occasionally they release clunkers to theaters, but in the cases you mention, those were always for the Direct-to-Video market, and never intended to have the type of quality of a theater release.

Occasionally they release clunkers to theaters, but in the cases you mention, those were always for the Direct-to-Video market, and never intended to have the type of quality of a theater release.

You are right, the cases I mention are straight to video. My point being is that Disney has the ability to make both good movies and horrible ones. I am not worried as I think they know that Star Wars is a brand that will make you billions if you treat it right. I have hope for the movies.

When you first hear Disney, you get a little disappointed.

When you realize Disney has done all the Avengers movies and the lead-ins, you get very, very excited.

Disney will do a great job, like always and will continue to own half the world.
disney has not done all the lead ins

You are right, the cases I mention are straight to video. My point being is that Disney has the ability to make both good movies and horrible ones. I am not worried as I think they know that Star Wars is a brand that will make you billions if you treat it right. I have hope for the movies.

The first example that came to my mind was Pocahontas. After so many good movies in a row, that was a let-down.

The first example that came to my mind was Pocahontas. After so many good movies in a row, that was a let-down.

It still was not a bad movie. Just not up to par with what we expected from Disney.

So they are doing the new star wars as a cartoon? That's kind dumb but could be cool for 3D I guess?

These movies will feel like Ty Corbin directed them. Somehow they'll feel like they could have been better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKDs8W2Xwm0

I'm not sure anything could redeem this crap.

Maybe the Jazz winning the NBA championship after the Jazz sweeping the Lakers, knocking out Louis Scola's teeth(on whatever team he plays for now... Phx?) and Spurs while kicking Tony Parker in the nuts, en route to Favors stuffing Lebron James while Kate Upton does the dougie in a Jazz bikini?

That might have the potential to redeem the previous EPIC fail of Star Wars movies. My how those movies sucked. They make Waterworld or any Nick Cage movie look like masterpieces