What's new

New Uniforms, Court & Logo (Pictures Inside)

Am I the only one a little bit mystified as to why they would update their primary logo to have Utah above Jazz and then not use that logo on literally anything they announced?

Am I the only one a little bit mystified as to why they would update their primary logo to have Utah above Jazz and then not use that logo on literally anything they announced?

It looks better without lettering above the ZZ. They have to have UTAH somewhere on their primary logo, per NBA rules, but they don't have to use their primary logo on their jerseys or their court.

It looks better without lettering above the ZZ. They have to have UTAH somewhere on their primary logo, per NBA rules, but they don't have to use their primary logo on their jerseys or their court.

Better for merchandising sales to not have Utah on the jerseys as well. There would be people out there who like the look of the jersey but hesitate to pick it up with our state name on it since it might seem uncool. Also people might see it as more of a NO throwback.

camron-you-mad.jpg

Just my speculation of why though.

The official Jazz twitter did a poll of which was your favorite of the 4 new jerseys and they finished in this order:

Pride - 39%
Alt Road - 30%
Home - 20%
Road - 11%

Got 2,900+ votes.

Better for merchandising sales to not have Utah on the jerseys as well. There would be people out there who like the look of the jersey but hesitate to pick it up with our state name on it since it might seem uncool. Also people might see it as more of a NO throwback.

camron-you-mad.jpg

Just my speculation of why though.

I don't think it saying Utah would matter that much. People wear team stuff of teams they don't necessarily care about more for the color scheme.

The court looks awesome! I love the ball at center court, a nice mix of new and old. Not a huge fan of the sleeved jerseys but they all have that nice mix of new and old.