What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

Tony Jones thinks the Jazz are going to be aggressive in trying to trade up into the mid 30s range in the 2nd round of the draft.

Don't sleep on the possibility that Derrick Favors could be traded. Tony Jones thinks Atlanta could be a destination for Favors.

No connection, but the Hawks have the 35th pick.

Timing was good for the Jazz to move #23. OKC is trying to move #21. Celtics have been discussing moving #20 and #22. Cavs are open to moving #26. It seems there are more sellers than buyers for picks in the 20s.

Tony Jones thinks the Jazz are going to be aggressive in trying to trade up into the mid 30s range in the 2nd round of the draft.

Don't sleep on the possibility that Derrick Favors could be traded. Tony Jones thinks Atlanta could be a destination for Favors.

Where'd he say that about Fav? If Tony reports something about Fav you know it's for real lol

I don’t think there’s any way the Jazz trade him for the 35th pick in a weak draft. It would have to be for one of their first round picks if that happens.

I don’t think there’s any way the Jazz trade him for the 35th pick in a weak draft. It would have to be for one of their first round picks if that happens.

Those are two separate topics: 1) the Jazz are going to try to move up in the 2nd round for someone they like (e.g., Windler, Edwards, Paschall, Bruno, Davis...), 2) The Jazz will look at options, including trading Favors, before July 5.

Last edited:
Timing was good for the Jazz to move #23. OKC is trying to move #21. Celtics have been discussing moving #20 and #22. Cavs are open to moving #26. It seems there are more sellers than buyers for picks in the 20s.

Jazz should be buyers then. Cash considerations. Use the entire $5 million, plus whatever 2nd round picks you need to. Hope like hell that you get the next Jimmy Butler, Draymond Green, Khris Middleton or Rudy Gobert.

Jazz should be buyers then. Cash considerations. Use the entire $5 million, plus whatever 2nd round picks you need to. Hope like hell that you get the next Jimmy Butler, Draymond Green, Khris Middleton or Rudy Gobert.

Offering Tony Bradley and #53 to move up in the 2nd round seems like a no-brainer. Atlanta is very likely to move one or two of their 2nd-round picks.

Offering Tony Bradley and #53 to move up in the 2nd round seems like a no-brainer. Atlanta is very likely to move one or two of their 2nd-round picks.
I agree on that. I’ve defended Bradley up to this point, but I’m more than happy to see him get moved for someone who could possibly crack the rotation this year. If the Jazz keep Favors (which I think they will), it makes sense to move Bradley for a wing or 4.

No, but I'd decline Favors' option, find a way to dump Exum, and make other moves if Khris Middleton were willing to join the Jazz and we could somehow make it work.

Uhhh the fairytales I read my kids are more grounded in reality than this

Well at least now we know the market for a pick in the mid 40s. Seems like we should be able to move up and/or buy a decent 2nd rounder if we really want to.