What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

Tony Jones now reporting Thabo may be an option for Utah after all. That could help with guarding James, Kawhi, etc. I say pull that trigger at this point. May be the best option left.

I'd go for this, even though there's a real possibility Thabo's tank has run dry.

An issue the Jazz are facing is that there are already several bodies the Jazz can throw at the PF position. Add to that the fact that the Jazz seem intent on giving Niang a bigger role, so it's hard to see why anyone would be pining to come to the Jazz over other options right now. The Jazz, I think, are essentially looking at someone to fill the "break glass in case of emergency" role. If Thabo is OK with that, it would be great to have him back.

I'd go for this, even though there's a real possibility Thabo's tank has run dry.

An issue the Jazz are facing is that there are already several bodies the Jazz can throw at the PF position. Add to that the fact that the Jazz seem intent on giving Niang a bigger role, so it's hard to see why anyone would be pining to come to the Jazz over other options right now. The Jazz, I think, are essentially looking at someone to fill the "break glass in case of emergency" role. If Thabo is OK with that, it would be great to have him back.

Niang guarding LeBron tho? Or Kawhi?

I think Sef is a good move. I think we were hoping Brantley might be ready to play as a bruiser but it doesn’t look promising right now.

God damn it. Clippers get JaMychal Green ($5 million per). Warriors get Omari Spellman and Burks.

Grumble.

Exactly why you need to get someone that can D up. Niang is a cute player, doesn’t seem like a guy you can play in the playoffs virtually at all if you’re serious.

Yet apparently Niang was much more effective in the playoffs this year than Sef. (Yes, I know, context, sample size and all. But just noting that the closest thing to a recent comparison we have doesn't support your blanket statement.)

I'm fine with Thabo but would rather find a guy with some promise that might be a longer term option... I mentioned Troy Williams a few times because he was sitting on the Jazz side of the arena during the last game in summer league... he might be an option like that.

God damn it. Clippers get JaMychal Green ($5 million per). Warriors get Omari Spellman and Burks.

Grumble.

I watched Spellman in summer league... he looked really big (in a bad way)… I'm not sad we missed on that one. AB needs to go elsewhere... maybe he can get some shine in GS. Green... it sucks but I think getting Jeff Green at the min was about as good as we could do.

Who in the league is stopping LeBron or Kawhi on a consistent basis folks? We're in search of a player who either doesn't exist or likely isn't available to us on the marketplace. I think we have some players who can do a good enough job on them as a collective to give our newly nitrous boosted offense a chance to outscore them. Also I think people are forgetting that it's our TEAM defense that is our identity. We haven't had the absolute best individual wing defenders the past few years and we haven't been demolished by the likes of Paul George and James Harden in the playoffs. In fact we've done okay slowing those guys down. We'll be alright even if we don't find that one lockdown wing defender.

Covington would fill out our roster so ****ing sweetly.
My biggest delusional hope after all the opportunity cost of Exum, is that DL finds a way to parlay Exum, Bradley, a draft pick, and a couple used condoms, into a trade for Covington.

Tell Scotty that we’ll retire a number for him next to his dad’s.

I'm fine with Thabo but would rather find a guy with some promise that might be a longer term option... I mentioned Troy Williams a few times because he was sitting on the Jazz side of the arena during the last game in summer league... he might be an option like that.

Yes, I was thinking this, too after seeing that you noted seeing him. I was trying to find info about him last night. I guess I'd be OK with him as an upside play. I haven't seen much reporting yet that makes me think that he'll be anything more than another lean, athletic 6-7 body to use defensively. Maybe a lot like Sef, but without the savvy and shooting, but (at this point) more athleticism.

My biggest delusional hope after all the opportunity cost of Exum, is that DL finds a way to parlay Exum, Bradley, a draft pick, and a couple used condoms, into a trade for Covington.

Tell Scotty that we’ll retire a number for him next to his dad’s.

Me as well, my man. Me as well. Maybe Brantley and/or Oni and/or JFW would tickle their fancy.