What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

One of these guys -- Jeff Green, Stanton Kidd, William Howard and Jarrell Brantley -- has to be good, no?
Jeff Green is a known quantity, an OK shooter and good defender, basically a more athletic Jae Crowder without as much hustle.

As for the others, it could very well be that none of them are NBA quality players. I think they all have upside though and I'm looking forward to watching them progress knowing we aren't going to be depending on them one way or the other.

Thanks. I think that means he gets paid well if he lasts a few months with the Stars. Never heard of an Exhibit 10 contract until this year. Looks like it’ll be a common mechanism going forward.

I’m hopeful that things like the 2 way contracts, affiliate designations and Exhibit 10 contracts mean that the NBA will eventually have the G-league function as a true minor league system with up to 15 guys who are under the umbrella of the NBA club and can be brought up at any time as needed.

Carve out an exemption so the only money that counts against the salary cap are when those guys are officially called up to practice and play for the patent club.

I was looking into how far the G-League has grown as a league today. Man we're close to it being a full farm system. Starting with the 19/20 season there will be 28 G-League teams with singular NBA team ownership/affiliation. All of which located near their parent team except in the case of the Sioux Falls Skyforce (Heat) and the Erie Bayhawks (Pelicans). But the Bayhawks plan on moving to Birmingham Alabama in 22/23. The Nuggets and Blazers are the only NBA teams who don't have a G-League team. I'm hoping by 22/23 the Nuggets and Blazers will have teams and it will be a complete and true farm system. NBA teams being able to own the rights all of the guys on their 15 man G-League roster would be dope. I think the Jazz would have a ton of success with a full farm system because of our development staff.

Last edited:
Miami. If Detroit is looking to salary dump, Dragic is a great way to shed the contract.
Miami is not a destination for a salary dump. The opposite, in fact, since they currently can't take back more salary than they send out in any trade.

MSN News has the top three unsigned free agents as Melo

giphy.gif

Jeff Green is a known quantity, an OK shooter and good defender, basically a more athletic Jae Crowder without as much hustle.

As for the others, it could very well be that none of them are NBA quality players. I think they all have upside though and I'm looking forward to watching them progress knowing we aren't going to be depending on them one way or the other.
I think you're underestimating Davis -- one of the league's best rebounders, and Mudiay has a lot of upside.

I think you're underestimating Davis -- one of the league's best rebounders, and Mudiay has a lot of upside.
I didn't say anything about either of those two...

But yeah, I agree, Davis is an elite rebounder, he actually boxes out (gasp!) and has great timing. He's a really good rim protector as well. Not nearly as effective on the other side of the ball, but I've coveted him as a back up for years.

Mudiay is a little intriguing, but has a long way to go. I really hope he improves quickly (especially on defense) because we are probably going to need him to log some fairly solid minutes when Conley and/or Exum inevitably go down.

Last edited: