What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

Russell + Mitchell = an recurring inefficiency nightmare.

Conley + Mitchell = some semblance of efficiency that is far more stable.

I think its safe to assume with better spacing and internal growth as the players grow and learn Mitchell and DLo would get more efficient. Conley shot 43.8% last year and DLo shot 43.4%. Not that big of difference. Mike did get to the FT line more but his TS% is only .3% better. Plus Russell had slightly more assists. Neither is great at finishing at the rim both were 55% but DLo was .04% better. The only difference is that Conley was a better defender. But I would rather have the cheaper much younger player who showed decent defense in the playoffs and I think he has the length and height to be a decent defender, especially in our system.

On top of that we would have an extra 12 million to do something with.

But its a moot point since we went with the guaranteed route instead of taking a chance on signing someone else. I think that was a smart choice. We would be screwed if we didnt trade for Conley and didnt get Harris or DLo.

Yeah, its a slight upgrade for Portland since Bazemore can shoot the 3 and it slightly saves more for Atlanta next year where the player doesnt matter since they are still tanking. Decent move for both teams but pretty meh.

Yeah, its a slight upgrade for Portland since Bazemore can shoot the 3 and it slightly saves more for Atlanta next year where the player doesnt matter since they are still tanking. Decent move for both teams but pretty meh.

I like him for Portland a lot more than Turner... it is meh... I guess Atlanta saved a little dough.

How quickly will LeBron want to trade DLo? If that is their last non-minimum player they add I am not scared of the Lakers.
That’s a pretty ****ing potent 3-players, dude. If Russell is your best player, you’re not going to be very good, but I think the fit is near-perfect if he were to go to the Lakers.

Honestly, I’m most curious how all of this impacts Caruso cuz I very seriously want him here.

That’s a pretty ****ing potent 3-players, dude. If Russell is your best player, you’re not going to be very good, but I think the fit is near-perfect if he were to go to the Lakers.

Honestly, I’m most curious how all of this impacts Caruso cuz I very seriously want him here.

I'm not a big Russell believer... He helps them, but if they have Kemba, Irving, or found a couple vets on good deals I'd be more worried. I think DLo's next deal could end up being bad money. I do understand the case for him though.

Caruso is coming... speak it into existence. I swear if he signs a minimum deal somewhere other than Utah I'll cry.