What's new

NFL 2016 Season Thread

Fair weather *****.

Further, I dont know why any Jazz fan would lock themselves into singular football fandom. Do we not suffer enough from trials and tribulations of fandom for teh Jazz? I dont need that feeling from any other sport, I'd rather just enjoy the games for what they are and root for whoever I like that day.

Im bummed Dallas lost just cuz Dak wont win a rookie year Super Bowl now. I'm glad he outplayed one of the greatest QB's of all time.

And Jason Garrett completely mismanaged a lot of possessions, including the final one by spiking on first down when the Cowboys didnt really need to conserve clock.

Wow, I didn't even notice and had to look at the play=by-play. Yeah, that spike was completely unnecessary and ended up costing them the game.

Wow, I didn't even notice and had to look at the play=by-play. Yeah, that spike was completely unnecessary and ended up costing them the game.

Also to the end the first half, he passed the ball 3 straight time inside the 20. Left the Packers with bout an extra minute to end the 1st half, luckily they werent able to score, but just dumb to me. The Cowboys are a run team first, not a make Dak carry the entire offense and pass for 300+.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Obviously DAL spiked that ball to stop the clock and give them more time on the drive. Obviously they would have wanted to score a TD rather than kicking a field goal to tie it. At that particular time I think there were only something like 40 seconds left on the clock?

Again, hindsight is a wonderful thing....

And Jason Garrett completely mismanaged a lot of possessions, including the final one by spiking on first down when the Cowboys didnt really need to conserve clock.

that spike was truly idiotic.

The finish of that game was top5 all time, for me. Amazing plays by GB

Meh, the spike on its own was just fine, but then you don't kick it on third down with 40 seconds on the clock. The third down kick is fine if the clock isn't an issue, but here it was huge issue. Bottom line: a run up the middle for 2 yards and either running the clock or forcing GB to use a timeout is more important than the remote possibility that they will need that extra down.

Also Dak was killing it- i don't like them taking it out of his hands right there.

Brady vs Rodgers is gonna be epic!!! As sports fans we missed out on a Brady vs P Manning SB (obviously due to being in same conference you get what I mean), and we also didn't get to see a Kobe-Lebron NBA finals. We deserve Rodgers vs Brady at their peak!

Meh, the spike on its own was just fine, but then you don't kick it on third down with 40 seconds on the clock. The third down kick is fine if the clock isn't an issue, but here it was huge issue. Bottom line: a run up the middle for 2 yards and either running the clock or forcing GB to use a timeout is more important than the remote possibility that they will need that extra down.

Also Dak was killing it- i don't like them taking it out of his hands right there.

They didn't kick it on 3rd down, they kicked it on 4th down. That was the other problem with spiking the ball - the Packers only had to stop them twice instead of three times.

Often when I'm picking who will win games in the NFL I look at who has the better qb and go with that team. Seems like it has held true so far in these playoffs. Only possible upset would be Wilson over manning but I think that one is somewhat of a pick em anyways.

If that theory holds true then it will be packers vs pats in an epic superbowl qb battle.
(I picked pats and falcons before the playoffs started though and I'm sticking with that pick)

This has to be the weakest group of four I recall. Generally speaking, defenses win championships, and Atlanta's defense blows, the Steelers and Packers d's are subpar, and the Pats, while 1st in the league in points per game, is not some great defense. I actually find them just average or slightly above and the yards they give up and their schedule is a better reflection of that.

I'm not sure who I'm really rooting for but my sentiment and the noticeable drop in ratings this year should be concerning to the league. Brady and Manning, along with other high profile guys, really carried this league for the last 15+ years and I think the NFL is now starting to see that if you look at ratings. Manning retired. Brady was suspended the first four games. Romo was out all year. AP was out basically all year. Leveon was out the first three games. Cam and the Panthers sucked. Luck and the Colts were mediocre. All this on the tail-end of many, many domestic incidents in the last two years and the NFL is really, perhaps desperately, in need of a couple of fresh young faces to carry the league forward for the next decade or two. Manning and Brady were for the most part squeaky clean, and Manning was very charismatic and Brady a male model basically, their playoff rivalry huge for the league. Going ahead, Winston doesn't have the image to be one of those guys imo. Cam is very unlikeable. Luck is one of those guys but they're a mediocre team. I think Mariota could definitely be one of those guys but he's in the same division as Luck, and like him, must win and win when it matters to do so. The Cowboys now being young and studly helps but the league still needs another couple qb's to take off, especially as guys like Brady, Ben, Eli, and Philip near the end of their career. I'm guessing Sam Darnold will become one of those guys in the next couple years but again I'm curious how ratings are in the next 3-5 years.

Pats D isn't bad, but they haven't faced very many good QB's.

Packers defense is awful.

Aaron Rodgers is the most skilled QB of all time. Ever. He's amazing.