What's new

NFL Discussion Thread - 2013

Denvers records this year say other wise. Also the arguement is starting to be made (ESPN just released an article) that Manning is the greatest QB of all time. I'm not making that argument. Just using it to state that Denver has a very legitimate chance of also being an exception.

Also notice I used the word exception.

Remember it's Espn. Notice that?

Still doesn't address that according to the record books Denver's O this year is the best of all time.

On account of Manning not getting sacked? Because a large part of that is really Manning's ability to work in the pocket and get the ball out in under 2 seconds.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

On account of Manning not getting sacked? Because a large part of that is really Manning's ability to work in the pocket and get the ball out in under 2 seconds.

On account of most TDs scored in a single season. Or maybe that they got the most passing yards in a season, ever. Or maybe that it is 4 receivers have at least 10 TDs, another first. Longest FG. Denver got that as well. Oh wait. Maybe it is most poitns scored in a season. Or maybe it was the most passing first downs in a single season. Or maybe it was that they have scored the most points in the second half in a single season. Oh no! I know!!! It was that they tied the record for the most 50 point games in a season (not the 49ers btw). Or maybe it was that Prater was 75-75 on extra points this season (including playoffs).

I didn't include any franchise or player records. Just the league records. Player and franchise records get into TDs by a TE, sacks allowed, FG%, 50+ yard FGs, interception percentage (career), passer rating, RB with 1,00 rushing and 500 receiving yards, first downs, points in a game...

It is no stretch to say that Denver has the best O off all time. I can see people arguing for other teams but don't discredit this Broncos O. It is historic.

As far as teams with total sacks. Denver has faced the #s 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 14 & 15 ranked teams. Denver themselves are ranked #10 (tied with 3 other teams). Seattle is #19, very middle of the pack. Perhaps Wilson should be more worried than Manning.

Last edited:
I hate the broncos but even i think they had the best offensive season of all time

On account of most TDs scored in a single season. Or maybe that they got the most passing yards in a season, ever. Or maybe that it is 4 receivers have at least 10 TDs, another first. Longest FG. Denver got that as well. Oh wait. Maybe it is most poitns scored in a season. Or maybe it was the most passing first downs in a single season. Or maybe it was that they have scored the most points in the second half in a single season. Oh no! I know!!! It was that they tied the record for the most 50 point games in a season (not the 49ers btw). Or maybe it was that Prater was 75-75 on extra points this season (including playoffs).

I didn't include any franchise or player records. Just the league records. Player and franchise records get into TDs by a TE, sacks allowed, FG%, 50+ yard FGs, interception percentage (career), passer rating, RB with 1,00 rushing and 500 receiving yards, first downs, points in a game...

It is no stretch to say that Denver has the best O off all time. I can see people arguing for other teams but don't discredit this Broncos O. It is historic.

As far as teams with total sacks. Danver has faced the #s 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 14 & 15 ranked teams. Denver themselves are ranked #10 (tied with 3 other teams). Seattle is #19, very middle of the pack. Perhaps Wilson should be more worried than Denver.

Imagine the 49ers of the 80's playing in today's NFL where defenses can barely lay a hat on anyone with out getting a yellow flag. Not only did the 49ers possess a high powered offense, but the same bone crushing defense they have now. If you think Rices stats are otherworldly now, if he had played in today's NFL... All I can say is good night!!

Imagine the 49ers of the 80's playing in today's NFL where defenses can barely lay a hat on anyone with out getting a yellow flag. Not only did the 49ers possess a high powered offense, but the same bone crushing defense they have now. If you think Rices stats are otherworldly now, if he had played in today's NFL... All I can say is good night!!

Fair enough. I am not arguing that SF did not have a amazing O. They clearly did. But you cannot deny that Denvers O has been historic as well. But not getting sacked is not just on the QB. It is also on the O line and Denver has a great one. Vasquez has not allowed a single sack all season.

At worst you must allow that Denvers O is on the same level as that 49ers O.

Fair enough. I am not arguing that SF did not have a amazing O. They clearly did. But you cannot deny that Denvers O has been historic as well. But not getting sacked is not just on the QB. It is also on the O line and Denver has a great one. Vasquez has not allowed a single sack all season.

When the qb gets rid of the ball in 1.9 seconds in 75% of his dropbacks, then your not going to get to the qb, and defenses are putting extra guys back to guard the pass. Oh, and Manning is basically the offensive coordinator, which means if you blitz, he just makes the adjustment to a screen or a run that reeks havoc on such a play.

So the easiest job on the line is in Denver. Your not going to convince me that there o line is anything close to great.

Yes. I'll give you that. They got it done in very different ways

That's fine. Their O line has been consistently great for the last couple years. But ultimately either way Peyton does not get sacked, hit or hurried that often. So he can sit back and pull Seattle apart. Maybe they stop 2 or even 3 of Denvers receivers. Well Denver has 4 great ones and Peyton has shown a willingness to pass to the RB. Denvers RB Moreno has over 500 yards receiving this year. manning will simply spread it around to much for Seattle to stop him.

Cannot wait for this game! I'm so excited!

Seriously, the anticipation is making me crazy

Cannot wait for this game! I'm so excited!

Seriously, the anticipation is making me crazy

I'm having a party. About 12 people are coming over and we are going to lay out a nice big snack table.

Go Broncos!!!

I'm having a party. About 12 people are coming over and we are going to lay out a nice big snack table.

Go Broncos!!!

...I'll be attending a Super Bowl slam myself! Over at "Uncle Rico's" we usually have the typical "Southern cuisine", gator tail, squirrel, rabbit and raccoon! But this year we're going to go with some of the more standard stuff, pizza, chicken wings, potato salad and coleslaw! Wash it all down with "Wild Turkey 101!" Just about all of us will be pulling for the Bronco's....despite the fact that I'll be the only "pale face" in the whole crowd! Despite the cold weather and possible slippery field, I still think the advantage goes to the Bronco's offense, since they know where they are going and the Seattle secondary is going to have to react to those tricky cutting/pick setting receivers! Unless Seattle can put immediate pressure on Manning from just the front 4....I don't think they can stop the Bronco's from scoring 30 points!

Go Broncos!!!

I'm buying an electric smoker (the stupid fire code in this city makes it the only sort of thing I can have other than a 1 gallon propane tank grlll) and going to test it out with a pork shoulder, which will be pulled and mixed with bbq sauce to make sandwiches. Though I don't think it will be more than my fiance and my step son here with me...hooray for leftovers.

First it was they wouldn't even make it you've been 100% wrong about everything this season.

Lol I don't think I said they wouldn't make it did I? Just that they wouldn't win it right?

They've obviously been the favorites all year, I won't be mad at all if they win. I'm probly only 60% going for Seahawks, 40% bronos.

on the app. square bizness.

I'm buying an electric smoker to test it out with a pork shoulder, which will be pulled and mixed with bbq sauce to make sandwiches. Though I don't think it will be more than my fiance and my step son here with me...hooray for leftovers.

...wouldn't be no left overs if I was joining ya! I love pulled pork!