What's new

NFL Thread 12-13

lol... TO just signed with the Seahawks. I am suddenly glad I will be in the Northwest this football season... let the overreaction and media craziness begin!

Not expecting much from my Phins, however, I'm hoping to see an improved/exciting offense under Philbin and am hopeful that I get to see some Ryan Tannehill development at some point amidst what is bound to be another sub .500 year.

I'm going to try and make it out to a Steelers game this fall, I went to Steelers vs Browns in 07 and it was the coldest I have ever been in my entire life, thats impressive being I've spent a considerable amount of time in Alaska.

I'm going to try and make it out to a Steelers game this fall, I went to Steelers vs Browns in 07 and it was the coldest I have ever been in my entire life, thats impressive being I've spent a considerable amount of time in Alaska.

3 or 4 seasons ago we went to Pittsburgh for a Colts game. Cold was an understatement! The wind comes off the river and the snow kicked in. My wife liked it but was so cold she didn't really get into it.

As a Vikings fan I would settle for a 7-9 season with a couple wins over the the Bears/Packers. Of course if you ask me to my face then we're winning the Superbowl. I'd like to see Rudolph and Barnes from Notre Dame tear it up and Allen (finally) get a defensive player of the year nod.

Outside of that my sleeper team to watch is Tennessee. Weak division, above average D, Locker looked the sharpest of last year's rookie crop of QB's, Washington with a breakout season, healthy Britt, and A happy Chris Johnson.

Not expecting much from my Phins, however, I'm hoping to see an improved/exciting offense under Philbin and am hopeful that I get to see some Ryan Tannehill development at some point amidst what is bound to be another sub .500 year.

I have some heavy Dolphin fans as friends and have spent time in South Beach. Hard to root against the Dolphins. I think you guys will be well served in the long run by sitting Ryan. Don't let that kid get ruined. He's not Elway or Aikman. Let him hold a clipboard and watch a bit. Next year throw him in.

As a Vikings fan I would settle for a 7-9 season with a couple wins over the the Bears/Packers. Of course if you ask me to my face then we're winning the Superbowl. I'd like to see Rudolph and Barnes from Notre Dame tear it up and Allen (finally) get a defensive player of the year nod.

Outside of that my sleeper team to watch is Tennessee. Weak division, above average D, Locker looked the sharpest of last year's rookie crop of QB's, Washington with a breakout season, healthy Britt, and A happy Chris Johnson.

A healthy Britt? He just got arrested again, his fourth one since coming into the league I believe, and visited with Goodell very recently. I'd be shocked if he isn't suspended for at least four games. They also lost their center for the year. I do sort of like them too but not if Locker starts. If Hasselback starts, I think they could go 9-7, maybe 10-6. But I don't see Locker, with the pressure on (which it wasn't last year) bringing them to a winning record.

It will be interesting to see if the Niners will open up the playbook just a little bit. IMO, they play waaaayyyyyy too conservatively on offense.

I can't wait to see what Manning looks like in Denver.

TO, Randy Moss, and Chad Johnson are all hasbeens.

Minus Cam Newton and Andy Dalton I'm assuming

3 or 4 seasons ago we went to Pittsburgh for a Colts game. Cold was an understatement! The wind comes off the river and the snow kicked in. My wife liked it but was so cold she didn't really get into it.

It was my first steelers game, I'm a lifelong diehard fan, and it was so cold I wanted to go back to the hotel before the game even started. My dad insisted on tailgating, which was a cool experience, but I was wearing 2 sweaters, 2 coats, longjohns, snowpants, boots gloves hand and feet warmers, downing coffee, covered in 2 thick wool blankets, and I was miserable, I literally didn't even have fun because it was so cold.

It was my first steelers game, I'm a lifelong diehard fan, and it was so cold I wanted to go back to the hotel before the game even started. My dad insisted on tailgating, which was a cool experience, but I was wearing 2 sweaters, 2 coats, longjohns, snowpants, boots gloves hand and feet warmers, downing coffee, covered in 2 thick wool blankets, and I was miserable, I literally didn't even have fun because it was so cold.

Yeah it was my first Steelers game as well (Been to 2 others in the past 2 seasons). I drag my wife to Hines field about 2-3 hours before gametime. Walked around teh tailgating lot and then around the stadium for a bit. It was COLD at the start of the game as by the time we got our hot chocolate and got seated (Watching warm ups) the next drink was Cold Chocolate Milk. I was standing most the game or getting up and down as we were on row 6 by the 20 yard line so I had to stand to see the other side of the field. Unfortuantely it was a game they lost that year but they ended up winning the Superbowl so I am confident it was my good luck that I took to Pittsburgh that season.

Since the trip was for my 30th birthday we did the game, went to the Hall of Fame in Canton one day, took teh wife shopping at some outlet outdoor mall north of the city, and spent a day in downtown Pittsburgh then up the mountain/hill on the tram thing (Forget what it is called) and ate dinner at some itallian place that was awesome. Overall a trip that I won't ever forget.

If I wasn't in Utah I would go to more games but it's not cheap from here with flights. Ticket prices also are high as can be!

Minus Cam Newton and Andy Dalton I'm assuming

Yeah my bad, I meant out of rookie QB's that took the reigns midway through the season.

Wes, I also liked the Titans pick of WR Kendall Wright from Baylor. If Britt has been arrested again (no surprise there) then Wright can fill in nicely. I guess I like the fact that they are flying under the radar in a weak division, and they went 9-7 last season.

I love the excitement of this time of year. The Rams are undefeated! But, as usual, they are also winless. Dammit.

Lions are my sleeper team. Healthy Mikel Leshore and Jahvid Best to go along with Stafford and Calvin Johnson. Suh is due for a big year and Nick Fairley is pretty damn good

Lions are my sleeper team. Healthy Mikel Leshore and Jahvid Best to go along with Stafford and Calvin Johnson. Suh is due for a big year and Nick Fairley is pretty damn good

LOL. Both Leshore and Best are NOT healthy actually. And for me, this team is my exact opposite of a sleeper and could fall to 5-11 or 6-10 this year. They had too many big comebacks last year. Ask Josh Freeman how that works year to year. Stafford and Megatron are also a bit injury prone, especially the former, but were pretty fortunate last year. They did very little to improve their defense which sucks by the way, which is saying something considering how good their d line supposedly is. . And Vanden Bosch is a year older now. Add in the fact that they've had a ton of off the field issues this off-season and Schwartz better realize he needs to grab hold of those reins very quickly lest he lose them completely and they become the Bengals of yesteryear. But most of all, most importantly, having come in 2nd place last year, they'll have a tougher schedule and people won't be sleeping on them.

In short, I doubt they'll be better than 8-8 as they'll have bigger expectations, more teams gunning for them, a tougher second place schedule, and because they're still fatally flawed with a mediocre defense and no running game.