What's new

NFL Thread 12-13

Chip Kelly to be the coach of the Philadelphia Eagles. This guy changes his mind a lot.

The NCAA sanctions were probably going to be harsher than he thought.

I'm psyched for this. I think he'll fail at the pro level and go back to college after just two, maybe three, years in Philly. But I am excited as hell for what he could do there with his style of play.

You just repeated your post I was arguing to argue my post. You are a joke CJ. If you have nothing to say don't log on. Log out now.

....no, you stated that past teams and games now mean nothing! However, when it's in your teams favor you say it does mean something? The 49er's haven't won a road playoff game in decades! What makes you think that automatically changes against the Falcons? I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the Falcons as a much weaker opponent than the Packers. Our defense is far superior to the Packers and our offense is also much better! Plus, we are playing at home! You have a rookie quarterback. The Falcons have a very good chance of going to the Super Bowl.........AGAIN!

....no, you stated that past teams and games now mean nothing! However, when it's in your teams favor you say it does mean something? The 49er's haven't won a road playoff game in decades! What makes you think that automatically changes against the Falcons? I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the Falcons as a much weaker opponent than the Packers. Our defense is far superior to the Packers and our offense is also much better! Plus, we are playing at home! You have a rookie quarterback. The Falcons have a very good chance of going to the Super Bowl.........AGAIN!

1. Those teams were different teams.
2. Never said Atl. Was weaker, but no doubt the Packers have a better qb with a lesser O line and lesser weapons.
3. Atl's D isn't much better. Atl was 28th in sacks and bottom half in pass and run def. Only difference is they were 5th in scoring defense
4. Kaep is in his second year, and isn't easily rattled. He had 4 int's this year, and followed each with a td drive in the following possessions. Kaep is poised beyond his years. Also don't forget after his early pick six he had one of the great playoff performances for a qb in his first ever playoff game. All the evidence seems to suggest Kaep will handle the pressure
5. Last of all I will turn your screwed up logic around on you. Yes. Atl. has been to a superbowl, but the 49ers have been to 5 superbowls, and won all of them. How many superbowls has Atl. Won?

1. Those teams were different teams.
2. Never said Atl. Was weaker, but no doubt the Packers have a better qb with a lesser O line and lesser weapons.
3. Atl's D isn't much better. Atl was 28th in sacks and bottom half in pass and run def. Only difference is they were 5th in scoring defense
4. Kaep is in his second year, and isn't easily rattled. He had 4 int's this year, and followed each with a td drive in the following possessions. Kaep is poised beyond his years. Also don't forget after his early pick six he had one of the great playoff performances for a qb in his first ever playoff game. All the evidence seems to suggest Kaep will handle the pressure
5. Last of all I will turn your screwed up logic around on you. Yes. Atl. has been to a superbowl, but the 49ers have been to 5 superbowls, and won all of them. How many superbowls has Atl. Won?

6. That girl with the tatts was adorable.

chipkelly_pinocchio.jpg

oregon_chipplayercheck.gif

didyousendthemoneyfinal-1.gif

Quack_Attacked.gif

Browns named Mike Lombardi as VP of Player Personnel. Oh, boy. The Ty Corbin hate in SLC has nothing on how bad Browns fans despise this man.

Can't think of any way this is a good thing for Banner. There are lots of failed GMs he could have hired that didn't draft Mike Junkin, Tommy Vardell, and Eric Zeier with #1s for the Browns, not to mention being on record disliking all of the offensive skill players we just drafted.

Browns board is in nuclear melt stage. Outrage is akin to Jerry Sandusky being named Pennsylvania Superintendent of Schools.

Last edited:
My Vandals are far more pathetic.

But no, we are gonna be okay, it's just a head scratcher move. Banner has already said he wants the coach to have final say on the roster so Lombardi is essentially a yes-man. Just seems like there are hordes of guys that would be happy to take on that role that aren't likely to have their steaks stuffed with cat **** anywhere they eat in Ohio.

...not so fast! The game is 60 minutes not 59 1/2! Ryan has done this a few times before! They don't call him Matty "Ice" for nothing!

Best thank racist Jesus that Pete Carrol forgot that a field goal could win the game and decided to go full prevent and give up everything within 15 yards of scrimmage.

Alex Smith has so much to be angry about with Harbaugh. Especially single-handedly rescuing his career despite that I'm just about dead-certain he's not nearly as good under any other coach.

I think we need to have affirmative action in the NBA and NFL.

There are far too many black athletes. Lets get rid of Lebron and Melo and replace them with Harpring.

Just like there are far too many white coaches in the NFL. I mean, who the hell would hire Andy Reid, Ken Whisenhunt, or Chip Kelly? It's not like they've been to superbowls or have been dominating the NCAA or are freaking offensive geniuses or anything.

Alex Smith has so much to be angry about with Harbaugh. Especially single-handedly rescuing his career despite that I'm just about dead-certain he's not nearly as good under any other coach.

Alex Smith should be the starter because everyone knows that the QB position should be a white guy. It's discriminatory. Just like how NFL owners are discriminating against black coaches because of the long held belief that blacks aren't as smart as whites.