What's new
  • This community for NHL hockey in Utah will migrate from JazzFanz.com to a stand-alone location in the coming months. For now, lets talk hockey!

NHL Draft and Lottery

SteakNEggs

Lottery is tonight @4:30 Mountain! Truth be told I'm naive about NHL Draft and it's process but it's time to learn. We have a 7.3 chance of #1. As far as draft prospects, I'm also clueless.

1000000399.png
Tonight's the night: Which team will be awarded the top pick in the 2024 NHL Draft and the right to select Macklin Celebrini at No. 1? Will the Chicago Blackhawks win a second consecutive lottery after taking Connor Bedard last year? Will it be the team with the best odds, the San Jose Sharks? Will Utah get a jolt heading into its first year in Salt Lake City? No matter the outcome, there's no shortage of intrigue.

There will be two lotteries: One for the No. 1 pick and another for the No. 2 pick. A team can move up only 10 spots in the draft. For example, if the Minnesota Wild, the team with the 13th-best odds, wins the first lottery, they would be awarded the No. 3 pick.

2024 NHL Draft Lottery odds for No. 1 pick

San Jose Sharks — 25.5 percent
Chicago Blackhawks — 13.5 percent
Anaheim Ducks — 11.5 percent
Columbus Blue Jackets — 9.5 percent
Montreal Canadiens — 8.5 percent
Utah (formerly Arizona Coyotes) — 7.5 percent
Ottawa Senators — 6.5 percent
Seattle Kraken — 6 percent
Calgary Flames — 5 percent
New Jersey Devils — 3.5 percent
Buffalo Sabres — 3 percent
Odds for No. 2 pick

Sharks — 18.8 percent
Blackhawks — 14.1 percent
Ducks — 11.2 percent
Blue Jackets — 9.5 percent
Canadiens — 8.6 percent
Utah — 7.7 percent
Senators — 6.7 percent
Kraken — 6.2 percent
Flames — 5.2 percent
Devils — 3.7 percent
Sabres — 3.2 percent
Flyers — 5.1 percent

Thanks for the thread

Wish this sub forum was a bit more lively.
Yeah, I think most are like me and just don't know much about the ins and ours yet. I used to love hockey in the 90's but had to quit as there were no high school hockey teams and that left basketball. I'm stoked to get back though. I already pointed out here that I went to the preseason game at the Delta Center and it was a blast.

Lol on snap.... Draft is tonight and we just selected Tij Iginla apparently. Im completely oblivious lol.

Iginla (6-0, 191), who turns 18 on Aug. 4, has taken many lessons from his father, Hockey Hall of Fame forward Jarome Iginla, on and off the ice. Combined with his skill and the competitive verve that was so prevalent in his dad, Tij led the Rockets this season with 47 goals and was second with 84 points and 11 power-play goals in 64 games. The left-handed shot, who led Kelowna in the Western Hockey League playoffs with nine goals and tied for the lead with 15 points in 11 games, is recognized as a goal-scorer with a big shot and good hands around the net. His competitiveness and hockey sense also are big attributes of his game.

Back