What's new

Niang island

Basketball isnt body building.
Do you think DM is a body builder? Or Rudy? How about just that level of focus on fitness and athleticism? There are a lot of options between a minivan and a bugatti.

Do you think DM is a body builder? Or Rudy? How about just that level of focus on fitness and athleticism? There are a lot of options between a minivan and a bugatti.
Not really. Both those guys could get massive if they wanted to just focus on getting big and ripped for the "look", but it's not productive. They are both better athletes than Niang. They arent better because they work harder on it, it's just genetics. And getting bigger/stronger/faster is mostly about endurance rather than peak play. Players are working on their body so they can play at a high level for longer more than it is about getting 20% faster or w/e

Donovan talked about how he was eating an entire pizza after practices at Louisville and how when he mostly ate out at Ruth Chris and The Cheesecake Factory his rookie year.

You have to be a pretty special athlete to hold onto muscle in the NBA. Most of these guys arent lifting year round (I think some bigs do). Niang just has a body type that holds onto body fat more easily and doesn't retain muscle as easily.

Not really. Both those guys could get massive if they wanted to just focus on getting big and ripped for the "look", but it's not productive. They are both better athletes than Niang. They arent better because they work harder on it, it's just genetics. And getting bigger/stronger/faster is mostly about endurance rather than peak play. Players are working on their body so they can play at a high level for longer more than it is about getting 20% faster or w/e

Donovan talked about how he was eating an entire pizza after practices at Louisville and how when he mostly ate out at Ruth Chris and The Cheesecake Factory his rookie year.

You have to be a pretty special athlete to hold onto muscle in the NBA. Most of these guys arent lifting year round (I think some bigs do). Niang just has a body type that holds onto body fat more easily and doesn't retain muscle as easily.
How do you know they don't work harder?

I didnt say they don't work harder, I just it isnt the reason they are better (or at least it isnt the main contributing factor).
That's pretty much exactly what you said, that's why I quoted it directly, but ok.

Niang gang bang?
edwOURy.jpg

How some of you made your way back to Niang island in the midst of this Niangphoon.... kind of impressive.