What's new

No one ever told me it was bad to harass people...

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
I couldn't believe this guy's defense.

https://news.yahoo.com/mayor-says-didnt-training-san-diego-pay-sex-233640867.html

"The city failed to provide such training to Mayor Filner," Berger wrote. "In fact, it is my understanding that such training was scheduled, but that the trainer for the city unilaterally canceled, and never re-scheduled such training for the mayor (and others.)"

So he shouldn't be held responsible for his deplorable behavior, or at least not be held accountable for legal defense, because the city never taught him that it was not ok to sexually harass people. I mean look at him. The poor guy obviously is way too stupid to figure that out on his own, and if the city never trained him not to pinch asses and grab ******* well they are responsible, not him.

Really? Some of this is too good to be fiction. You can't make this **** up.

Another of numerous examples everyday of people thinking they should not be held liable for their own behavior. This is becoming way too common to expect a free pass or someone else to bail them out of their screw-ups. Life is not a video game that you can just reset and act like nothing happened. In a legal sense he might actually get a judge to defer some of the blame on his employer for not providing formal training to use common sense, but that doesn't make it right.

Personal responsibility. It is a shame that this is a dying, unappreciated quality.

The poor guy obviously is way too stupid to figure that out on his own, and if the city never trained him not to pinch asses and grab ******* well they are responsible, not him.

I dunno, I worked with this girl who used to be a cheerleader at Texas A&M and swears that George Bush (the older) grabbed her *** while posing for a picture with her after a game.

Maybe it's a unwritten right of elected officials? No wonder Trout keeps trying to run for public office.

Another of numerous examples everyday of people thinking they should not be held liable for their own behavior. This is becoming way too common to expect a free pass or someone else to bail them out of their screw-ups. Life is not a video game that you can just reset and act like nothing happened. In a legal sense he might actually get a judge to defer some of the blame on his employer for not providing formal training to use common sense, but that doesn't make it right.

As mayor, isn't he ultimately responsible for what his employer does? I mean, he basically has the last say in what happens in the office right?

As a side note I found out through this article that harass is only one word.