• Vonleh

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Smart

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the decision is limted to drafting one of these two players:
Which player do we draft and why?

I could see the Jazz drafting either player.

Jazz have said they will draft BPA period.
Seems like right now Vonleh is rated above Smart by most "experts".

I like Vonleh's potential. I don't really like Smart because he is not a shooter. But I do like the defensive potential that Smart shows. Big PG's are nice. Have to go with Vonleh though. He could be a great two way player.

I think Smart could be a great combo guard off the bench. His defense reminds me of Westbrook. And he has a great all around game.
His shot is worrisome but his release is actually pretty good. So he could improve.

If we resign Hayward. I could see this........

Trey - Smart
Alec - Smart
Hayward - 23rd pick or veteran that we trade for it.
Kanter - Evans
Favors - Gobert

I wish we could trade up for Wiggins or Parker. But I don't want to give away Burks or Kanter.

A 6'9.5" guy who hits 3s, rebounds at a high rate, scores in the lane and protects the rim?

Sounds good to me.

Or GM's are leaking that they like Vonleh so some sucker team takes him early.
I agree.

Ithink much or most of the "trends" that are unfolding are anything but false information. It will be a while before the real lay of the land syarts to solidify.

A 6'9.5" guy who hits 3s, rebounds at a high rate, scores in the lane and protects the rim?

Sounds good to me.

He hit college 3's, but barely took any. Can't really say he has NBA 3 range at the moment. Derrick Williams did the same thing, but took more 3's (and hit a higher %) and hasn't shown NBA 3 range.

Any GM that had a chance at Wiggins or Parker but didn't take it because he didn't want to give up Kanter or Burks (hell, Kanter AND Burks), wouldn't be a GM for long.

Well myself and the person i quoted said that we would love to get parker or wiggins but we would not want to give up kanter or burks.
Do you disagree?

Mind you that we never said we wouldnt give them up for parker or wiggins (i definately would) but if i can get parker or wiggins and keep all of our players then that would be ideal.

Any GM that had a chance at Wiggins or Parker but didn't take it because he didn't want to give up Kanter or Burks (hell, Kanter AND Burks), wouldn't be a GM for long.

I actually wouldn't give up Burks or Kanter to get Wiggins or Parker.

Wiggins and Parker are not legit stars. Wiggins can't dribble very well. Seems more like a hustle all around wing player but with an outside shot. Not a star.
And Parker I don't know if he is quick enough to play SF and he would get killed at PF.
These guys are not worth the hype the media is pushing out.
Burks and Kanter are only 22 years old.
Burks per 36 last year
17.9 points per game shooting 45.7 percent. 4 rebounds and 3 assists per game. 35% from 3. Has improved every year he as been here.
Getting to the free throw line at a very high rate.
Kanter per 36
16 and 10 per 36 while shooting 49 percent from the field. He has improved every year. And this year was coming off a shoulder surgery injury. So next year he will be able to come into camp in much better shape again.

I understand Wiggins and Parker COULD become better then Kanter and Burks. But you don't trade away a legit rotation player who both have all-star potential at the young age of 22 along with the 5th pick in the draft for guys who have major holes in their game.
If this was 2003 and we had Lebron, Wade, Bosh etc. I would say for sure.
But these guys aren't even close to that draft class. They had NBA ready games and you could see they didn't have very many holes in their game. Parker and Wiggins are both overrated. You can't call someone a legit star who can barely create off the dribble. Or Parker who is a jacker and is lucky to get by his man in college, let alone the NBA quickness he is about to face. Along with him being one of the worst defenders in the draft.
Blows me away the hype with these guys. Good players for sure. Worth trading away the 5th pick and Burks or Kanter? Nope. I hope DL doesn't fall into the media hype.

Smart is the second coming of James Harden, with a shorter range and bigger willingness to defend!
Here, I said it.