What's new

NON-JAZZ NBA PLAYOFF thread

Would Craig have won the series against the Clippers? I don’t know. He certainly couldn’t have hurt. I think we win the series with him and Bane instead of Udoka and Thomas. Imagine having those two and it was literally right in our hands. We could have gotten both easily. Not like it isn’t realistic and that’s the worst part of it all. Tucker is different because we’d have to had trade Favors and a pick most likely but Bane was available with our pick and Craig went for cash.
Its the realistic options we missed on that bug me. I'm not asking you to get Batum to sign for the minimum here because LA is LA and we can't compete. I'm saying there were things on the table that could have easily changed our fortunes.

Wut? We just give like 10k more... why would they require a player from us? Why set up such a stupid straw man?

I guess none of us know... the clips are unbeatable... I mean if Niang and his hypothetical good shooting couldn’t get it done then no one can.
I was asking if the suns would have given the bucks more than just cash considerations.
Like what if the bucks said we don't want cash considerations. We want cam payne for Torrey Craig.
Like maybe the suns didn't really value Craig all that much but figured **** it, it's just cash considerations so I guess we will take him.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I was asking if the suns would have given the bucks more than just cash considerations.
Like what if the bucks said we don't want cash considerations. We want cam payne for Torrey Craig.
Like maybe the suns didn't really value Craig all that much but figured **** it, it's just cash considerations so I guess we will take him.

Lol you can’t be serious right now.

Its the realistic options we missed on that bug me. I'm not asking you to get Batum to sign for the minimum here because LA is LA and we can't compete. I'm saying there were things on the table that could have easily changed our fortunes.
We need to hold onto at least 2 "barely above minimum" slots instead of blowing them early on for guys like Davis or Green.

When guys get bought out or not picked up to above minimum options, then we can make a play. For example - if Batum could have gotten $2 million from us vs $1.3 at the Clippers, I think we would have gotten him.

Don torches everyone just felt like throwing that out there again lol.

The whole point is DL punted on guys we could use like Bane and Craig for Udoka and Thomas. **** is frustrating. Especially when guys on here were saying it from the get go that they were **** moves.
Thing is if we got bane and Craig and still lost but Udoka and Thomas were producing for other teams then suddenly we would be like why didn't we draft Udoka instead of bane and get Thomas instead of Craig.
Grass is always greener on the other side syndrome.

Thing is if we got bane and Craig and still lost but Udoka and Thomas were producing for other teams then suddenly we would be like why didn't we draft Udoka instead of bane and get Thomas instead of Craig.
Grass is always greener on the other side syndrome.

Dude seriously lmao… Thomas was averaging 2.7 PPG on the Raptors. Nobody wanted Udoka so nobody would be talking about him. Especially since we got Favors. You are grasping at straws.

We are... because even the stacked Suns thought it was a good idea to go get him and a few on here are like "lOlz We goTs NIAnGs and MiYEa... wE no NeEEds hElp"
They got him for cash at the trade deadline without giving up anything and also because Nader had a (at the time anyway) season ending knee injury.

From an executive standpoint, it was an elite move by James Jones that wasn't really talked about. And Craig played better frankly than most people expected.

We need to hold onto at least 2 "barely above minimum" slots instead of blowing them early on for guys like Davis or Green.

When guys get bought out or not picked up to above minimum options, then we can make a play. For example - if Batum could have gotten $2 million from us vs $1.3 at the Clippers, I think we would have gotten him.
No way... guy got all his money from Charlotte (no buyout). You'd have to come with a lot more than 700k. Maybe if you came with half the MLE or the full BAE... with years of service there is likely not a difference for Batum between $2M and a minimum deal anyway.

They got him for cash at the trade deadline without giving up anything and also because Nader had a (at the time anyway) season ending knee injury.

From an executive standpoint, it was an elite move by James Jones that wasn't really talked about. And Craig played better frankly than most people expected.
I talked about it. I expected him to be about this... maybe 35% 3 point shooting instead of 40% plus. James Jones did an elite job filling out the roster.... That is exactly what I and other have been saying. It has paid huge dividends in the playoffs. We did not do that... that is my lament.

Even with the Nader injury they have Crowder, Johnson, Bridges, at the wing. They have Saric and Kaminsky for shooting 5s. Moore and Galloway are both legit nba guards that could take time if need be... both would have been more effective than Oni. They also have Carter getting moth balls... he's a better backup point guard than we have (essentially Joe is a wing and the backup pg... but one more guy could have helped with Mike went out... an event that was predictable). He struck gold with Payne... We essentially tried to strike gold with roster spots 10-17.

Would Craig have won the series against the Clippers? I don’t know. He certainly couldn’t have hurt. I think we win the series with him and Bane instead of Udoka and Thomas. Imagine having those two and it was literally right in our hands. We could have gotten both easily. Not like it isn’t realistic and that’s the worst part of it all. Tucker is different because we’d have to had trade Favors and a pick most likely but Bane was available with our pick and Craig went for cash.

All of this.

Trae Young out tonight. I think Hawks are done.

The probable teams in the Finals are both 100% healthy. Pretty much the bottom line.

Trae Young out tonight. I think Hawks are done.

The probable teams in the Finals are both 100% healthy. Pretty much the bottom line.
Tonight is a great example of why Trae Young is overrated and not as good as Donovan Mitchell.

That Hawks roster is stacked.

He's a very good player, but not on the same level.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Yeah, so Hawks dominating this game and Giannis down with a knee injury.

What a crazy postseason. Suns are the only healthy team left.

Yeah, so Hawks dominating this game and Giannis down with a knee injury.

What a crazy postseason. Suns are the only healthy team left.
GAAAHHHHH!!

So ****ing frustrating. Literally ALL the roadblocks to a championship are falling like dominoes, and of course we are out of the running. **** me.