What's new

Noose Jumpers. I wrote a short film and my brother directed it.

Edgewriter

Hey guys,

While still reeling from our disappointing loss to the lowly Nets and trying to stave away a bout of pessimism regarding this road trip, I thought I would pass along some more uplifting news.

Many of you know that I am a novelist. Well I have long been thinking about a new book series; a mix of Western/Fantasy genres titled Noose Jumpers. The idea is that there was a point of time in the Old West where a new wave of outlaws rose from the dust and wreaked havoc, guided by mysterious powers and competing to become legends of the west. It was called the Noose Jumper Era because many of them ended their lives hanging on the loop of a noose.

When my brother, who is an independent filmmaker, spoke to me about writing something with him it came back to mind. We started talking about the possibility of putting together a pilot for a television show. We both love old westerns and the Sergio Leone spaghetti westerns in particular and I brought up Noose Jumpers because I felt that it was a concept perfect for television. Together we developed it, expanding on my basic ideas. I wrote up a short film script that showcased the concept and he started putting funding together. I then started writing a script for a full pilot episode and enjoyed the ideas and characters so much that I knew I wanted to start a new series of novels based on it.

My brother put together a great group of actors and key film personnel and shot the short film back in June of 2015. Post production took months but is finally complete and the finished product is ready for your eyes and ears. Now the scene in the short film does NOT occur in the book, so there are no spoilers. It does nicely set up the ideas that are showcased in the series, though and we hope that it could someday lead to a television or film opportunity.

It is now available on Youtube here.

<a href="https://youtu.be/tB5xfXhQa2g" target="_blank">[video=youtube_share;tB5xfXhQa2g]https://youtu.be/tB5xfXhQa2g

My brother is currently shopping the pilot episode around and I have been writing a "Noose Jumpers" novel that will be released some time in March. I have posted the first chapter of the book if any of you are interested in reading it here: https://trevorhcooley.com/noose-jumpers-preview-chapter-the-death-of-bobby-estrella/

Here is the cover of the book.
Noose Jumpers ebook cover 2 gig.jpg

Thanks for taking a look. I'm pretty excited by this project.

Thanks for sharing! I think it has potential. I was a big fan of 'Deadwood' when it came out, I thought the wardrobe and decoration work were fantastic. Unfortunately it only lasted 3 seasons because they ran out of money.

Good luck!

Congrats. My criticisms.

1) Horse starts out the first five to ten seconds out of focus then is in focus. Awkward.
2) Horse is moving very slowly and deliberately. Then it starts trotting. Awkward.
3)The switch from profile to straight on at 1:23 has a noticeable change in lighting. It was lighter out as you can tell by the light and reflections and then upon change in camera angle, gets darker. Awkward.
4) I hope that lead didn't spend a lot of money on acting classes because he's awful. The contrived tough guy voice. The super awkward walk at 3:28.

...stopped at about 7:45...

Congrats. My criticisms.

1) Horse starts out the first five to ten seconds out of focus then is in focus. Awkward.
2) Horse is moving very slowly and deliberately. Then it starts trotting. Awkward.
3)The switch from profile to straight on at 1:23 has a noticeable change in lighting. It was lighter out as you can tell by the light and reflections and then upon change in camera angle, gets darker. Awkward.
4) I hope that lead didn't spend a lot of money on acting classes because he's awful. The contrived tough guy voice. The super awkward walk at 3:28.

...stopped at about 7:45...

I've got to say, I have no choice but to appreciate the detail that goes into your jackassery. Bravo, sir.