What's new

Notre Dame on fire

It’s like... gone

It’s done. It’s not just a small fire. It’s gone. Built in 1260. Gone

What a sad sad awful day

I think its gods judgement on the church. I'm sure once they finish paying off the victims of all those pedo priests they've protected, they'll get around to fleecing their flock to repair the joint.

I think its gods judgement on the church. I'm sure once they finish paying off the victims of all those pedo priests they've protected, they'll get around to fleecing their flock to repair the joint.

Not now man.

This thing is over 700 years old. It doesn’t matter what you think about religion, this is an invaluable piece of human history literally going up in smoke.

I’m not a fan of Egyptian incest and slavery but that doesn’t mean I’d crack jokes about the pyramids of giza being destroyed.

Cmon

The wife and I were planning a trip for France in the next year. Notre Dame cathedral was in my top 3 things to do, ahead of the Eiffel Tower and Louvre. I heard that the artistic details of the outside walls and the stained glass windows was breathtaking.

So sad

Not now man.

This thing is over 700 years old. It doesn’t matter what you think about religion, this is an invaluable piece of human history literally going up in smoke.

I’m not a fan of Egyptian incest and slavery but that doesn’t mean I’d crack jokes about the pyramids of giza being destroyed.

Cmon

Settle down man, its only a stinking church, it's not like its a Trades Hall or Workings Man's Club, maybe a great local pub where some fit bird let you grab a bit of *****.

It does matter what i think about religion, the Catholic Church isn't a religion, its an organisation that spreads misery, violence, theft, cultural destruction and death and has done with virtual impunity for over a thousand years. So its not really a piece of history i'm keen to celebrate or lionize. I hate the bastards

Actually i wonder if it was an insurance job?

Reactions: MVP
Terrible. I did read that due to the construction that they removed a bunch of statues, etc., from the site last week.

Really hope they save this site quickly.

Just a church, geez...One of the architectural wonders of the Middle Ages. The most visited building in Europe...

Only tangentially related, but I'm pretty sure the Grand Bazaar is the most visited building in Europe.

Anywho, hope nobody was seriously injured.

Settle down man, its only a stinking church, it's not like its a Trades Hall or Workings Man's Club, maybe a great local pub where some fit bird let you grab a bit of *****.

It does matter what i think about religion, the Catholic Church isn't a religion, its an organisation that spreads misery, violence, theft, cultural destruction and death and has done with virtual impunity for over a thousand years. So its not really a piece of history i'm keen to celebrate or lionize. I hate the bastards

Reported. Your comment is not just hate speech and religious bigotry, it also shows a complete lack of empathy. Seriously, reevaluate what you think is acceptable.
FYI, I personally am not offended by what you wrote, but if I just ignored you I would be part of the problem. That was the entire point of Korver's article https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/kyle-korver-utah-jazz-nba

It was a place for worship and where many would try to find peace, some, unknowing of the dark secrets of the Catholic church. Regardless of what religion it’s from it’s part of history, I would feel the same way if the Mecca was destroyed or the pyramids of Egypt, you’re being an *** here.

Last edited:
It was a place for worship and where many would try to find peace, some, unknowingly of the dark secrets of the Catholic church. Regardless of what religion it’s from it’s part of history, I would feel the same way if the Mecca was destroyed or the pyramids of Egypt, you’re being an *** here.

Mecca has been destroyed several times. They just rebuild it.