What's new

Game Thread Nov 02, 2022 06:30PM MT: Jazz at Mavericks

Added to Calendar: 11-02-22

Lauri disappeared last night. Good player but this is a game where you can tell the Jazz still need a #1 franchise guy.
Does that fall on him or Hardy more in this instance was what I was wondering. I think he has the makings of a #1 guy (he is that for Team Finland), but he needs to be put in a position where he can close out games such as these. I mean if he is 1/7 in the 4th then its a bad day which happens (hopefully not in playoffs though), but to me 1/2 is much more unacceptable.

Lauri might be that guy but he will have to take another leap forward, I think a lot of it is in his confidence to just BE that guy in those moments instead of deferring. It will help if Hardy helps him see that and draws up plays so he can be comfortable taking the reigns. But no matter what he is just about the perfect #2 option for a winning team. Either way a keeper and maybe a franchise cornerstone. Not bad compensation in the trade.

He needs to watch Hoosiers and see Jimmy Chitwood deliver his line "I'll make it".

View attachment 13288
I think this hits the nail on the head. Basically what I thought as well. He needs to say the coach and the guards "get me the ball".

Not too familiar yet with players to comment too deeply, but what is clear, Lauri's 3-pointers are atypically off. 0-4 tonight, and it looked like he himself surrendered to that fact too when he had few chances more to try, instead trying to do something else. Furthermore, he spend too much time passively in a corner during offenses, when situation could've warranted more active plays.
I know he was having problems with the zone, but I felt like his energy was off. I was worried he's maybe catching the "non-COVID illness" that is going around. I hope not. Some days are just lower-energy days than others. He'll be fine.

Hey guys, are people in these forums always arguing with each others in a way that borderlines as attacks on a person, not to what he/she say? Or is that only because of frustration of the lost match? I assume every member here are Jazz fans anyway, thus infighting seems to me rather weird. Disagreements are ok, but just disagreeing for it's own sake... I don't get it.
Welcome to the USA - where we all hate each other.

I know he was having problems with the zone, but I felt like his energy was off. I was worried he's maybe catching the "non-COVID illness" that is going around. I hope not. Some days are just lower-energy days than others. He'll be fine.

Welcome to the USA - where we all hate each other.
America, land of the ME ME ME, and home of the HATE.

I don’t actually hate any of the douche bags around here. More of a love/hate type thing. The guys I disagree with strongly are pretty knowledgeable about basketball and contribute to the board. Even the hard core trolls and/or alts are usually entertaining. They just like to stir **** up. That’s as American as apple pie.