What's new

Game Thread Nov 12, 2022 04:00PM MT: Jazz at Wizards

Added to Calendar: 11-12-22

Not so sure this was on the defense. Sure, it wasn't great, but the wheels came off when we botched the offense. We depend a lot on the ball moving offensively.

So far this year things have gone pretty smooth but some of you better get ready for real lows to come as well. Even the best teams go through bad stretches so at some points this year this team is going to look like crap for stretches. When those stretches come it will be interesting to see if Ainge ends up steering into them and using it as an excuse to start selling off some of these older guys.

Agreed.

Clarkson is obviously having a very good season but he is taking too many bad shots in the 4th quarter which seemed to happen with this team last season too. Hardy sat him against the Clippers down the stretch and they won a close game because other guys were getting involved.
I think Clarkson is trying to take on the responsibility of being "the man" in those situations since we lack the Donovan Mitchell type to take over when the game is on the line. Hardy needs to settle the team down in those situations and get them to play within the team concept wire to wire. However, that is one thing we are missing to step to the next level is a legit and consistent bucket getter, even if just for the sake of gravity of that role on the team opening stuff up for other people. I hope Lauri develops into that, but in some ways he is still playing hesitant in that regard. He needs to confidently step into that role. I hope he is watching a lot of video of Dirk in his prime, that kind of attitude would help Lauri a lot.