What's new

Nuggets vs Jazz - Andre Iguodala is a nice move

mdalby

I think the trade for Andre Iguodala was huge for Denver. How do you guys think we match up with Denver position by position this coming season?

The move was a definite plus for the Nuggets. Iggy is an unselfish player that well thrive in Denver's up tempo offense. The Nuggets are very deep and IMO could be a top 4 team in the west this year. If you want a break down by Possition

Lawson is better than Mo
Iggy is better than Hayward (for now)
Galo and Marvin have both under acheved to this point. I'll say even
Sap is better than Faried (for now)
Jefferson is a better offensive player than the Denver Centers. But Denver had three 7 foot athletic bigs

Bench of Andre Miller, Wilson Chandler, and the 2 bigs give them a solid 8 man rotation

Bench of Burks, Favors, Kanter give us a good rotation also.

So over all we compare pretty good. But Denver has the edge in coaching and experience. Right now I see Denver being slightly better

Who cares. It doesnt make them dramatically better. Jazz are going to beat them down. Gordon is going to lock him down.

Denver has zero post presence. I guess they think Faried is going to grow into that roll but he is no where big enough. Denver is going to rely on a lot of drives and dish outs. Should make for some exciting basetball but I doubt they're that much better than Utah right now.

The only thing that makes the Jazz's roster competitive with Denver's is the Jazz's much better bigs. Otherwise, Denver owns a significant advantage in every other way. At least right now, on paper.

Move in with what? I don't think Al will get us Lawson, and I sure as hell am not giving up the young bigs.

You are right that AL PROBABLY wouldn't get us lawson.... but i would still throw out the offer. If Al isn't enough, then i throw in the GS pick.

A young, fast, talented point guard to go with our young fast talented team?... sign me up.

You are right that AL PROBABLY wouldn't get us lawson.... but i would still throw out the offer. If Al isn't enough, then i throw in the GS pick.

A young, fast, talented point guard to go with our young fast talented team?... sign me up.

This. I wouldn't give up much but Al and the GS pick seems fair to me. In fact, I would even throw in a 2nd rounder.

Denver is salivating at the thought of that trade right now.

Ty lawson signed a 4 year 48 million dollar deal with the nuggets :(

The Nuggets look good on paper a lot. We must not forget a key element. They are still the Nuggets.
They'll find a way to smoke themselves.