What's new

Game Thread Oct 02, 2022 04:00PM MT: Jazz at Raptors (Preseason)

Added to Calendar: 10-02-22

The Celtics wish they still had Hardy right about now.
Just speculating
Wonder if Hardy knew anything about this and took this chance to get out
If he was next up for head coach job and still left maybe this Udoka blow out is very nasty

I'm also excited to make super over-reactionary judgements on Hardy and all the new guys. I'm a little nervous on Hardy. He was very vague on how they'd play defense and such... sounded like we will do a little of everything. I'm expecting things to look fairly rough early on.

Yeah, I think there is going to be a lot of that going on this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see a fire Will Hardy thread on here part way through the season, lol.

I'm also excited to make super over-reactionary judgements on Hardy and all the new guys. I'm a little nervous on Hardy. He was very vague on how they'd play defense and such... sounded like we will do a little of everything. I'm expecting things to look fairly rough early on.

For the defense part, he probably give a call to Don and ask him how to do ;)

Yeah, I think there is going to be a lot of that going on this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see a fire Will Hardy thread on here part way through the season, lol.
I wonder which poster here has shown the most potential to start such a thread?

- George

had league pass last year but this sounds a bit different. Is this in reference to the condensed replays available after the game? (They used to have a recording of the game where they’d strip away all the timeouts and commercial breaks from the game)

I will watch about 10 games this season live until the playoffs, rest are dvr or catch an audio feed on the road

The Celtics wish they still had Hardy right about now.
This is an empirically adequate pronouncement, and by all observable criteria, true. This coaching fellow, Sir Ime Sunday Udoka fornicated with a dame. The lady’s husband holds a position in the Celtic dominance hierarchy. This is a much larger affair than the Tea Party that disrupted the city of Boston. As always, I will analyze with suitable quantities of ale.

Okay, early predictions --
** Bolmaro goes off for 15 pts and 6 asts on 3/5 3pt shooting.
** Fontecchio, Beasley, Conley, Clarkson and Nickeil each make at least two 3s.
** Kessler looks like he's never played at NBA speed before.
** Vanderbilt guards Siakam and everyone gets excited.

Last edited:
Also, watching this Celtics/Hornets game, it's obvious that the modern game has become spread-floor, drive-and-kick. Jazz will probably try to do this with Olynyk at the 5. See which of our guards/wings are able to beat their defender and make a play.

Also, watching this Celtics/Hornets game, it's obvious that the modern game has become spread-floor, drive-and-kick. Jazz will probably try to do this with Olynyk at the 5. See which of our guards/wings are able to beat their defender and make a play.
This Jazz roster has shown exactly no previous aptitude for driving to the rim. If that's the game, we are immensely screwed.

I dreamt last night that the Jazz narrowly lost in an extremely high scoring affair with Kessler being the guy who most impressed.

I'll posit up front that I am not a prophet. I also feel like I couldn't actually pick Kessler out of a five man lineup even if 3 of the guys were 6'2".

I’m pretty excited to see how this young Jazz team plays. If Hardy and his coaching staff are able to fire them up to play real hard defense, they could surprise because they have good offensive skill. A lot of intriguing players to watch. For me Markkanen and Sexton especially. So far in his career Markkanen has never been assigned a role where he can fully utilize his versatile skillset. I hope this changes with the Jazz. Give him the keys to run with the ball. Sexton is an explosive spark plug. Will be interesting to see if he can learn a new skill here - how to pass the ball and be a playmaker. Not sure if he can, but we’ll see – he’s still young. I’m also glad Mike Conley is still with the Jazz. I hope he stays. He’ll make a difference on the court and in the locker room. He’ll teach the young guys how to play a team game.