What's new

Offer to Cavs for #1 is to draft Wiggins not Parker

Is this Spence Checketts dude legit? Who are his sources?...himself? It's just strange that most of the national NBA rumor sites will reference tweets by all sorts of sources, but nothing ever comes up on this supposed trade rumor.

When was the last time the #1 overall pick got traded?

From what I could find:

ScreenShot2014-06-20at34125PM.png

The only time too.

When was the last time the #1 overall pick got traded?

Im not sure if this is the last time its happened but in '86 The 76ers traded the #1 pick, to the Cavs for Roy Hinson and cash, Hinson was traded for trash a year and a half later. The pick was 5 time all-star and Rookie of the Year, Brad Daugherty

Everyone keeps saying Parker is essentially the most NBA-ready player and will win ROY and yet this is the same guy who was taken out of games near their ends by Coach K. This is the same guy who's gained weight and has a body fat percentage far above that which we should see by good, let alone great, NBA players. The same guy whose defensive play is pretty much abysmal. Why do we think at the next level his poor conditioning and tweener status will then translate to success against far better athletes who are longer and more skilled? I think we and Jabari are in for a rude awakening at just how badly he'll struggle on defense and just how difficult he'll find it to find his shot in the NBA.

Parker was also playing out of position most of the time in the tourney. Taking him out of the game worked so well for them didn't it?

I'm not denying he will struggle on defense, but I think he will easily get his shot off in the NBA. Not too many scouts would agree with you that he can't score on the next level.

Wiggins on the other hand, who felt so underwhelming this year because of ridiculous expectations (despite going for 17.1 points on respectable shooting of 49/33/77, with 5.9 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 1.2 steals and 1.0 blocks while bringing near elite defense), should find much easier ways to score on a nightly basis through fast break opportunities, putbacks off the offensive glass, alley-oops, and so forth, while also bringing relatively good defense and doing everything else that shows up in a stat sheet.

So jabari won't be able to score and wiggins will? What a joke. A more wide open offense will greatly help Wiggins score but he isn't going to be able to score easily by any means.

The people who don't want Parker so down play him and act like he's so overrated are ridiculous. Parker and Wiggins are extremely close

Regarding Parker's weight gain, I recall Kevin Love working his *** off after his freshman year because his body had been so soft, and Love's work paid off. He shed the pounds and body fat percentage dramatically. He knew what was at stake. He had the drive and professionalism we sorely need here. Parker's done nothing to show us any of that.

Love kept losing weight years into his nab career, it wasn't all before he was drafted.

Wiggins should be the pick and it's not even close.

Just a dumb statement. Wiggins very well may be the better choice but its extremely close.

The key is to just get Wiggins. Get him, bank on his development, and eventually he will be the max guy that can lead the team to titles. No one else matters much at this point if the Jazz are convinced he's gonna be the man.

Also, if the Jazz pull this off, it increases the odds of having a good pick next year imo.

If I were Cleveland, I wouldn't do it. I am a huge fan of Wiggins.

Is this Spence Checketts dude legit? Who are his sources?...himself? It's just strange that most of the national NBA rumor sites will reference tweets by all sorts of sources, but nothing ever comes up on this supposed trade rumor.

Not sure how legit he is, but he does work for the Jazz's flagship radio station.

Favors+ 5th or Thad Young + 3rd for 1st pick, which one would you accept as Cavs GM?

I think it depends on how much they value Exum. If they are high on Exum then the Philly offer is best. I will say tho that I don't think either of those deals are enough for the #1. I bet it will also take a future first, another player, or at least the rights to swap picks at some point.

Trade Favors and #5 for Wiggins
Take Asik and Lin off of Houston for cap relief (trade #23 or #35 and JIII)
Draft Wilcox and Bring Tomic over.
Decide to sign Hayward (don't if it's too much...)

Burke-Lin
Burks-Wilcox
Wiggins-Williams
Kanter-Gobert
Asik-Tomic

Trade Favors and #5 for Wiggins
Take Asik and Lin off of Houston for cap relief (trade #23 or #35 and JIII)
Draft Wilcox and Bring Tomic over.
Decide to sign Hayward (don't if it's too much...)

Burke-Lin
Burks-Wilcox
Wiggins-Williams
Kanter-Gobert
Asik-Tomic

Why take Lin on too?

if it does not happen, i hope it really motivates dfavors and lead him to a break out year