What's new

*OFFICIAL* 17 on 26, Donovan Mitchell is the Monta Ellis watch thread

Also, with a few exceptions, it seems a pretty significant amount of Australians here really seem to be peeved by Donovan. Yeah, he probably gets more slack than a lot of guys. Some of that is earned, though. But yes, he's not above reproach. But I feel some of these Aussies have a two-pronged disgust with Mitchell, with the first being that they view his relationship with Simmons as a zero-sum game, and automatically assume any success for Donovan is a slight to Simmons. In similar fashion, they feel the role Donovan assumed last year is what Exum should have gotten, and they feel Quin and Donovan have somehow robbed Exum -- and Australia? -- from what they feel is rightfully theirs. Look, none of us want to see Exum not succeed, but around here we are Jazz fans first. We don't GAF about what team USA does. We also don't GAF whether the guy helping us win games is a Utah native, an American, or even if he were Dutch -- hell, most of us here would even be happy and supportive if our very own dutch could come in and drop 20! The fact is, you guys coming here only for Exum haven't been here for the Corbin era. You're not familiar with CJ Miles, or Morris Almond, or DeShawn Stevenson, or Curtis Borchardt, or Raul Lopez, or the disappointment that was AK. Nor have you watched two opportunities at a title disappear. So, yeah, you're walking into a historical context where excuse us if we don't see Australian Saer Sene as the next Kobe. It's time to stop associating everything DM with Exum and Simmons.

dude wtf are you on about .. that's one guy with like 5 accounts who's crapping on about Simmons and trolling about Mitchell. The rest of us love Donovan, don't you freaking dare tar us with the same brush as that snivelling little pimpled 14 year old.

dude wtf are you on about .. that's one guy with like 5 accounts who's crapping on about Simmons and trolling about Mitchell. The rest of us love Donovan, don't you freaking dare tar us with the same brush as that snivelling little pimpled 14 year old.
You and rubashav are awesome.... But there are quite a few Exum homers that suck. Not sure if they are all Aussies or not

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I love Donovan but even TMac and the boys from inside the NBA have all said he needs to work on getting others going also. We get that he can create for himself. He needs to stretch his game to getting others now

I love Donovan but even TMac and the boys from inside the NBA have all said he needs to work on getting others going also. We get that he can create for himself. He needs to stretch his game to getting others now

He is trying to force his game. Last year he attacked with low shot clocks, which this offense needs. This year, he is making the ball stick early in the offense. I think his late season injury is not fully healed. He looks a lot less explosive. This may be fortunate in the long-term if he can adjust his game to rely less on athleticism.

ciggie mate

altho in Rub's case who knows ... he does some hard livin'
Good point. Nothing would surprise me with that guy.

I had an Australian roommate when I was 20-21 years old. Craziest ****er I ever met and I have met a lot of crazy ****ers in my day. I have a million stories about him and I only knew him for about a year.

I will list some things about him if I get a chance.

I had an Australian roommate when I was 20-21 years old. Craziest ****er I ever met and I have met a lot of crazy ****ers in my day. I have a million stories about him and I only knew him for about a year.

Rub's about my age i think but biologically he's about 68 with all the self abuse

He had 6 assists last night. What does Tmac and you want 10? He gets his team going and shares the ball, but he’s the only one that creates on the team. He has to be in attack mode. That’s what Quin wants him to do. How are there this many jazz fans are there here that don’t get that. How do you not know that he’s fully a team guy who shares the ball, the point is he’s supposed to be in attack mode because we already have Rubio and Ingles that run the offense and create for others. Get a ****ing clue!!

He had 6 assists last night. What does Tmac and you want 10? He gets his team going and shares the ball, but he’s the only one that creates on the team. He has to be in attack mode. That’s what Quin wants him to do. How are there this many jazz fans are there here that don’t get that. How do you not know that he’s fully a team guy who shares the ball, the point is he’s supposed to be in attack mode because we already have Rubio and Ingles that run the offense and create for others. Get a ****ing clue!!

Tell TMac that he already led his team to the second round of the playoffs... maybe DM could teach him a couple things.

Ya I took exception at this, Ben Simmons' troll accounts defending Dante on Jazzfanz =/= Australian's opinion of Mitchell. I think the rest of us want to see some more DMX lineups, but with how poorly both Exum and Mitchell have been shooting the ball those haven't been all that good unfortunately.

Tony Jones on the Weekly Run Podcast mentioned DM was in a boot for a long time and then the Jazz slowed him down to make sure he was 100% after he was cleared for activity... TJ said he basically didn't have a summer... Just training camp and preseason.

Also, this means he might still be hurt... I've been resisting giving him that excuse but might have some legs.

So he came to stay with me in cedar City Utah because he wanted to snowboard and he knew one of my other roommates due to that roommate serving a mission in austraila. He was apparently one of the best surfers in austraila according to him, and I believed him about that.
So during his time living with me here is a list of a few things he did.

He would pinch his foreskin closed and start pissing until his foreskin filled up like a big water balloon and then let go blasting piss everywhere. He called it a pissbomb.

He one time took his laundry to the laundromat across the street in the middle of the afternoon and when he got there he decided he should wash the close he was wearing too so he stripped naked and walked across the street Jude and into our apartment and sat down on the couch naked and just started watching TV and talking like nothing strange was going on.

He would always tuck his pantlegs into his shoes whenever we went into a store and then he would stuff a ton of mechanise down each pantlegs and walk out.

He streaked a football game and a school dance.

We dyed our hair and goatees blue.

He had barely ever been snowboarding before and sucked at yet attempted a double back flip and ended up eating **** hard and destroyed his knee requiring surgery and had to be in crutches.

We smoked crack together a few times.

He would make Mac n cheese and then put it in the fridge until it was nice and cold and then he would take it out and put Arby's sauce on it and eat it.

He would drink vanilla extract with me when we ran out of vodka.

He met a guy from England and they bought a piece of **** van for $300 and left for Mexico.

There is a bunch of other stuff but I just arrived at my destination and have to end this post (was typing while my wife was driving)