What's new

***Official College Basketball Thread***

Yeah, Florida had so much on the line in that game.

Yeah because the players didn't look relieved, or celebrate when they ended up winning the game by one point. Didn't matter to them. No show of emotion from their squad.

Yeah because the players didn't look relieved, or celebrate when they ended up winning the game by one point. Didn't matter to them. No show of emotion from their squad.

I'm sure they wanted to win, but the game didn't matter that much.

They lose, they are still a #1 seed, they win they are still a #1 seed. Fear of being eliminated or being put in a tougher spot because of a loss was not present.

It's funny that UK has been this disappointing all year that people are happy to celebrate *near* victories.

Definitely not taking UK over Wichita and I'm not sure on the K State game either

Don't even know wtf that is.

Baylor probably gonna make Creighton look tarded

ULL bro.

Actually think they match up well against Creighton. If Sean Long can dominate and they do a good job of getting out in transition, they have a strong chance of pulling off an upset.

ULL bro.

Actually think they match up well against Creighton. If Sean Long can dominate and they do a good job of getting out in transition, they have a strong chance of pulling off an upset.

They play Creighton first round? If so, I could actually see them winning that. I don't like Creighton at all. McDermott's supporting cast is terrible and they are an incredibly soft team. Still not gonna pick ULL though

They play Creighton first round? If so, I could actually see them winning that. I don't like Creighton at all. McDermott's supporting cast is terrible and they are an incredibly soft team. Still not gonna pick ULL though

Good, The Pact needs diversity.

Yeah, the selection committee is clueless. Vegas must be clueless too as they have 7 seed Oregon as just a two point favorite over the 10 seed BYU. #4 Non-conference SOS, #20 overall SOS, 8-9 vs top 100, 5-6 vs tourney teams, rpi, bpi, kpi, and kenpom all project them in, in addition to what the committee decided and what Vegas thinks. lol, indeed.

For good measure, this is also lol worthy - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mFCMfJwOTTg&rel=0&t=0
Digger and Jay Williams pick BYU in a blind resume, then once they find out they picked BYU they back track.

Having said all that, I wish the utes the best of luck on the road at St Mary's in the National Invitational Tournament. I like Utah's chances - St Mary's is having a down year. Okay, so that's a third lol.

Do you think BYU can make a run? I love their likely path were they able to: Oregon/Wisconsin/McBuckets/Arizona don't scare me.

Do you think BYU can make a run? I love their likely path were they able to: Oregon/Wisconsin/McBuckets/Arizona don't scare me.

Y'all got blown out by Utah and you aren't scared of teams that have actually beaten good teams?

Can someone explain to me why BYU is in over SMU?

Y'all got blown out by Utah and you aren't scared of teams that have actually beaten good teams?

Can someone explain to me why BYU is in over SMU?

Look Digger Phelps, you do realize BYU seeded out as the 39th team in the seed rankings so they weren't even close to being on the bubblem right? So if you want to say SMU vs somebody else. Choose a different bubble team. They weren't in the BYU conversation at all.

^
No, BYU will have no run in the tourney. They're just not good or holy enough.

@Cy - Neither BYU or SMU should have been in the tourney IMO. But SMU had like the overall 200th SOS or smth.. yikes.

Look Digger Phelps, you do realize BYU seeded out as the 39th team in the seed rankings so they weren't even close to being on the bubblem right? So if you want to say SMU vs somebody else. Choose a different bubble team. They weren't in the BYU conversation at all.

2457282-1.jpg

2457283-9224547066-Digge.jpg

^
No, BYU will have no run in the tourney. They're just not good or holy enough.

@Cy - Neither BYU or SMU should have been in the tourney IMO. But SMU had like the overall 200th SOS or smth.. yikes.

SOS is overrated when teams just schedule hard games and lose all of them.

SMU has beaten a lot of good teams, so what if they played a lot of ****ty teams?

Show me their resume then... it sucks.

Beat Uconn (Tourney Team) x2
Beat Memphis (Tourney Team)
Destroyed Cincinnati (Tourney Team)

Got a couple of bad lossses, but so does BYU. BYU hasn't beaten teams close to those 3's level though.

Beat Uconn (Tourney Team) x2
Beat Memphis (Tourney Team)
Destroyed Cincinnati (Tourney Team)

Got a couple of bad lossses, but so does BYU. BYU hasn't beaten teams close to those 3's level though.

Is texas on the level of any of those teams? byu beat them. Gonzaga? Byu beat them too

The really good teams that byu lost too (witchita state, iowa state, etc) byu played very tough.

Is texas on the level of any of those teams? byu beat them. Gonzaga? Byu beat them too

The really good teams that byu lost too (witchita state, iowa state, etc) byu played very tough.

looks like gonzaga is a 7 seed and texas an 8.

Same as memphis and U conn