Official dgaf about all-star weekend

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by NAOS, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Thee jazz fan

Thee jazz fan Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    How anticlimactic. If Lowry doesn’t foul, ADwins it on a great pass from LBJ for an easy dunk, so let’s intentionality foul the guy to prolong the game. It was a great play and Lowry had no choice but to foul. Technically it didn’t end in foul shots, it ended in a great play that lead to foul shots.

2. mellow

mellow Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    The last time I remember watching part of an All star game I think AK was playing.

Karl was still playing when I last watched a full game.

My life has not been noticeably worse for skipping it.

3. LoPo

LoPo Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2016
    I don't think it would go that far. Sure when I'm at the rec hacks are normal. I know it's coming. I don't see all stars tackling others dangerously to avoid the winning bucket. LeBron's team had 3 or 4 game winning shot opportunities where there was no foul. Then there was Lowry and his off the ball tug on Davis.

I personally think it's lame to end a game like that on a foul shot. Use free throws like normal but just say the final point can't be a free throw. It's easy actually. Just give the team possession side out. These guys are pros. They'll figure it out.

Regardless of what I think, people on NBA radio have all been saying the same thing today - game shouldn't end on a free throw.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

4. LogGrad98

LogGrad98 Well-Known Member Contributor

Jul 7, 2010
    Actually it kind of was, only in the pickup games I play in every week or 2 we actually play some defense.

5. NAOS

NAOS Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    How far does that line go, though?

For example, I’ve completely stopped watching all football. I’d say my life has actually improved slightly as a result. Would your life improve if you stopped watching basketball altogether? Would mine?

EDIT: Detroit Piston fans should obviously just stop right now. And there are several other fan bases in essentially the same spot.

LogGrad98 likes this.
  6. LogGrad98

LogGrad98 Well-Known Member Contributor

Jul 7, 2010
    Mine probably would improve tbpfh. I get really excited when we win and kind of surly when we lose and since I've watched just about every game this year I've missed out on game night with the fam a few times. Going to market night in Redlands, which is always a lot of fun, and a few church activities. The only thing I'll usually skip games for is my daughter's performances, otherwise I do miss a lot of ****. And I'm the only one in my family here in CA that is into the jazz so I spend the night texting and taking to my dad on the phone, which is the best part of the game usually. So it's a mixed bag, and you pose an excellent question that's tough to answer.

NAOS likes this.
  7. Jeditiger

Jeditiger Beer Fan Contributor

May 25, 2010
    The last time I enjoyed an all-star game this much was when Stockton and Malone won co-MVP.

JazzGal likes this.
  8. infection

infection Well-Known Member Staff Member 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

May 27, 2010
    Not the same year, but every time I think of them as all-stars, I think of this card I used to have...

[​IMG]

JazzGal, LoPo, LogGrad98 and 3 others like this.
  9. Thee jazz fan

Dec 27, 2010
    what was that, I think 26-27 years ago. Was a teen back then, and I think barely driving.

10. Thee jazz fan

Dec 27, 2010
    It was also in Utah. I went to the stay in school all star thing I think on a Saturday morning. I think my school picked me probably thought I needed to be inspired or something. The main thing I remember was them doing a shooting contest and Malone was on a team with the actor who played Steve Urkel on that tv show. I forget the name. As I’m remembering it was ba year or two before I was driving actually.

11. Thee jazz fan

Dec 27, 2010
    I wonder when it will be in Utah again? Never if Jordan has anything to do with it. I remember him before that year complaining about it being in Utah because it was to cold or something or he couldn’t play golf. What a bitch!!

12. Jazzmix

Jazzmix Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019

13. infection

infection Well-Known Member Staff Member 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

May 27, 2010
    Not Mr. Current Event, I see.

14. Thee jazz fan

Dec 27, 2010
    Seriously?!?

JazzyFresh likes this.
  15. tfivas

tfivas Well-Known Member 2019 Prediction Contest Winner

Feb 10, 2013
    OMFG

16. JazzyFresh

JazzyFresh Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Yes

17. NAOS

NAOS Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    The broad outlines of your story match mine in a lot of ways.

I’ve watched more games after they air this year than ever before, and I’m actively trying to increase that percentage. It makes a big difference to watch them during some downtime (i.e. when I’m not missing out on something more important), and it’s a bonus that I can skip through the commercials and save a ton of time. It also keeps me off JFC and ESPN because I don’t want any spoilers—thus saving more time from being tossed in the dumpster.

Ostertag>Duncan and LogGrad98 like this.
  18. NAOS

NAOS Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    :banghead emoji:
    :dumb *** emoji:

19. gomretat

gomretat Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    It would be great to get the All Star game again! I am also hoping we can make a trade for Jordan Clarkson at some point. ;)

LogGrad98 and NAOS like this.
  20. Archie Moses

Archie Moses Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    Enjoyed this year's All Star Weekend. I like them every year, but this was a good one.

A few thoughts on the game last night.

They found the solution to make the game competitive and fun. - RIP Kobe

Gobert and T. Young are having an affair or were love at first sight.

No Gobert in the 4th? Gtfoh.

You shouldn't be an All Star coach and play dribble, dribble, I'm still dribbling Kemba Walker and Lowery in crunch time when they were the obvious weaknesses.

Antetokounmpo's block was the hottest bitch I've ever seen role playing the Devil's Advocate.

A. Davis making the FT to win is like trying really hard not to (you know what) but you still do and it leaves you and everyone (in this case) without satisfaction. In other words, super anti climatic ending.

I wanna shake the ref's hand who had the balls to call the foul on Harden and take his game winner away even though it was late. **** the ref who watched it happen 5' away.

JazzGal, LoPo and JazzyFresh like this.