What's new

Official "Hold Hands and Pray for a Jump in The Lottery" Thread

Last time we held hands and prayed we got Trey Burke. So be careful what you wish for. Jazz could move up and draft the next Enes Cancer.

Bringing my prayers to Allah into the mix.

I fear that Our Creator wants a specific Messiah for us to pray for-- praying for a 'jump' could be meaningless to Him.

Some food for thought-- but I will continue my prayers nonetheless. I'm thinking maybe a prayer thread for #BlackMessiah would be best. Alas, only He knows.

Pray, brethren.

Bringing my prayers to Allah into the mix.

I fear that Our Creator wants a specific Messiah for us to pray for-- praying for a 'jump' could be meaningless to Him.

Some food for thought-- but I will continue my prayers nonetheless. I'm thinking maybe a prayer thread for #BlackMessiah would be best. Alas, only He knows.

Pray, brethren.
Keep praying for Trey's soul as well as his basketball career.

He NEEDS the help more than most.

Keep praying for Trey's soul as well as his basketball career.

He NEEDS the help more than most.

The chance of salvaging his career must be smaller than the chance of us winning the lottery... A prayer for Trey would indeed be more needed.

The lottery should apply to the entire lottery order not just the top 3 picks. That would fix the system and make it more exciting

Sent from the JazzFanz app

The lottery should apply to the entire lottery order not just the top 3 picks. That would fix the system and make it more exciting

An then a team like OKC can get the first pick and become even more stacked, while other teams get stuck at the bottom for a decade. No thanks.

An then a team like OKC can get the first pick and become even more stacked, while other teams get stuck at the bottom for a decade. No thanks.

I think he meant that all 14 places should be picked by lottery not just the first 3. That would mean for example that OKC will have 0.1 chance for 1st, 0.2 for second, ... 1% for 5th... 3% for 10th, 5% for 11, 10% for 12, 20% for 13, 30% for 14. And every team would have a chance to land at every single spot in the lottery(unlike now, where you can only move either in the top 3 or up to 3 spots behind your original spot). The worse teams would have better chances at the top picks and lesser chances at the lower picks, the best teams would have a better chance at the lower picks and worse chance at the lower picks. The middle teams would have the best chance at the middle picks and lower chance at both the top picks and low picks.

I think he meant that all 14 places should be picked by lottery not just the first 3. That would mean for example that OKC will have 0.1 chance for 1st, 0.2 for second, ... 1% for 5th... 3% for 10th, 5% for 11, 10% for 12, 20% for 13, 30% for 14. And every team would have a chance to land at every single spot in the lottery(unlike now, where you can only move either in the top 3 or up to 3 spots behind your original spot). The worse teams would have better chances at the top picks and lesser chances at the lower picks, the best teams would have a better chance at the lower picks and worse chance at the lower picks. The middle teams would have the best chance at the middle picks and lower chance at both the top picks and low picks.

Yeah, I kinda jumped to the conclusion that he meant equal odds for all 14 spots. If not, my bad. However, I have read suggestions by fans for years as to how to fix the lottery, and I have yet to see a suggestion to end tanking that doesn't create a situation where small market teams could get stuck at the bottom for a long time. Maybe the league could make a tweak or two that might improve things a bit, but there is no such thing as fixing the lottery. No matter what you do, you will always have a situation where teams will maneuver to work the system in their best interests, or you'll have a situation that is unfair to teams that are legitimately bad.

Can we get an audit of which gods are being prayed to? I don't want to duplicate work.

Anyone praying to Zeus or any of the greek gods? I can take those on if they're open.