What's new

Official: Jazz will sign Jack Cooley to a 10-day contract

Primetime

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2 Min.Vor 2 Minuten Übersetzung anzeigen
The Utah Jazz are signing the Idaho Stampede's Jack Cooley to a 10-day contract, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

I guess DL is on fire.

Cooley was OK but I liked Brock Motum better. I think Motum can play in this league.

I'm guessing Motum is back down under.

Sometimes I wonder if DL wouldn't be happier running the Idaho Stampede, or my fantasy team.

Cooley was OK but I liked Brock Motum better. I think Motum can play in this league.

I'm guessing Motum is back down under.

Yeah really liked him too. High energy, high Bball IQ guy. He is playing for Adelaide currently. Never saw him live but his stats sure look fine.

18.6PPG, 7.2RPG playing nearly 28 minutes and shooting .526, .492(59 3PA), .736(106 FTA)

You take shots at finding rotation players. I'm glad DL does this. Bring guys in and see what they got. We have had success in finding decent undrafted dudes in the past... why not increase those opportunities throughout the year.

I don't think anyone can say DL is a lazy GM at this point. He is actively bringing in end of bench guys to see what is out there. It is also kind of fun.

... I'm guessing DL worked on the deck of the Titanic in a past life.

But it's all leading to something!!!!!

History_Speeches_6001_Titanic_Survivor_Eyewitness_still_624x352.jpg

Motum is like 4th or 5th in the league in scoring there. It's not a chump league as former NBAer Josh Childress is in the league. Cooley had a monster game about five days ago 25 points 20 rebounds and 3 blocks ironically against our other new DLeague signees team. Maybe a player can be hatched from these signees. I think this means Ian is dead man walking.

Plus, guys make more on two 10 day contracts than they can a whole season in the DLeague. The Jazz aren't pushing for a playoff spot, so it's good to kick the tires and see who might have a shot to fill out the bench. Every once in awhile, you might get lucky and find an Elijah Millsap or Hassan Whiteside. I'd prefer they try out the most athletically gifted players, but they have a good scouting system in place. Still wish they'd give a 10 day shot to Nate Wolters or Ricky Ledo.

Definitely has to keep the coaching staff busy too. I wonder if they ever get tired of integrating new faces.

From a fan standpoint its fun though.

Definitely has to keep the coaching staff busy too. I wonder if they ever get tired of integrating new faces.

From a fan standpoint its fun though.

Snyder was a DLeague coach. Guys are coming and going there all the time. He's used to it.

I need to look back at my posts to remember if I liked Cooley or Motum better as I would get them mixed up. I liked one better but both were solid and both deserve a spot on an NBA team as they're glue guys who contribute and are good at making their teammates better.

PS. Childress is the man. He's one of those guys who left the NBA to get paid more elsewhere.

Has anyone seen HomeyTennis and DL in the same room together? I'll tell you one thing, I'll bet those D League 10 day contract guys bring it during practice. . .

Sometimes I wonder if DL wouldn't be happier running the Idaho Stampede, or my fantasy team.

Found a pretty decent keeper in Millsap. Why not bring in guys who cdould provide depth, especially if Utah might be willing to make some deals at draft time or in the summer?