What's new

OFFICIAL Postseason race thread *Sticky*

Name the San Antonio player that the Jazz have no answer for

It isn't player on player match-ups that determines who wins a series, it's the team on team match-up that kicks our *** every time we play SA. And yes, One Love was right, it's Popovich that we have no answer for.

So full update on Clippers for tonight.

Green-PLAYING, Rivers-OUT, Griffin-OUT, Johnson-OUT, Jordan-OUT, Redick-OUT, Paul-OUT

Jeff Green and Austin Rivers were both listed as questionable earlier.

So full update on Clippers for tonight.

Green-PLAYING, Rivers-OUT, Griffin-OUT, Johnson-OUT, Jordan-OUT, Redick-OUT, Paul-OUT

Jeff Green and Austin Rivers were both listed as questionable earlier.
Holy ****.

Remember that one year we lost to like a squad from Memphis (?) that only had 7 active players and they were all scrubs? Yeah, we lost that game too.

Remember that one year we lost to like a squad from Memphis (?) that only had 7 active players and they were all scrubs? Yeah, we lost that game too.
Do you think we will lose tonight?

Name the San Antonio player that the Jazz have no answer for

On a one for one basis, Jazz can match up well. It's more like the Spurs play combinations for which there are very few answers for.

Of course, let's say that AB comes back and is fire. The Jazz can roll out some unholy triple wing with Hood/Hayward/Burks and exploit the Spurs back court that way.

Who the f am I kiddin tho?

You can go on a scoring drought against the Spurs and still be in the game.

You go on a scoring drought vs the Warriors and it's a 20 point game in 4 minutes.

You can go on a scoring drought against the Spurs and still be in the game.

You go on a scoring drought vs the Warriors and it's a 20 point game in 4 minutes.

People not getting this. GSW has excellent coaching, bulletproof offense, star-power AND players who can just go unconscious in a quarter and bury us away in points.

There is no player I fear with San Antonio. Additionally, with our defense as presently constituted I'm not worried about us consistently giving up easy baskets vs San Anton. Easily a 6 game series if we match up with SAS. Mark my words. Either that, or we win in 7 #hottake

Ppl. Ask yourselves if we could ever stop GSW 10 times a row in the fourth and come from 16 down to take a one point lead.

Most Spurs Fans want absolutely nothing to do with us. They're the best defense in the NBA, but that defense has an Achilles: Tony Parker.

If Mack has a bad series, we get swept. If he plays out of his mind, anything can happen.

People not getting this. GSW has excellent coaching, bulletproof offense, star-power AND players who can just go unconscious in a quarter and bury us away in points.

There is no player I fear with San Antonio. Additionally, with our defense as presently constituted I'm not worried about us consistently giving up easy baskets vs San Anton. Easily a 6 game series if we match up with SAS. Mark my words. Either that, or we win in 7 #hottake

Someone is not getting it. A Spurs series will not be isolation, so a 'fear' of a single played is the wrong mental model. And the notion of not fearing KL is curious. He has many weapons and will certainly be first team all NBA and defense.

Someone is not getting it. A Spurs series will not be isolation, so a 'fear' of a single played is the wrong mental model. And the notion of not fearing KL is curious. He has many weapons and will certainly be first team all NBA and defense.

No serie will be "isolation"-- every playoff basketball team is greater than the sum of their parts. You could argue some more than others-- but a disciplined offense doesn't scare me if I'm Utah. I'm more scared of high octane offense in positions I can't slow down

I still hope we shoot for the stars and that'd be Memphis losing. A Memphis win and we'd need to win out to have a chance at 6

And if Utah happens to stumble, losing 2 of their remaining games, then Houston could still be the 8th seed. Let's make the playoffs first before worrying about who the opponent will be. Though Utah SHOULD be the favorite in all their remaining games, they haven't won them yet. The teams we play will be loose, having nothing to lose. Utah has all the pressure on themselves. And that can cause young teams to stumble. Clippers bench is pretty good. Crawford and Pierce are scorers; Aldrich has averaged 15/9 as a starter. They're not going to lay down. And don't forget they signed the #1 pick from the DLeague draft (Ayres). :eek:

Denver could be tough in Colorado. Dallas has been hot; Lakers will be playing all out to send Kobe off with a win. Just as losing to Phoenix was unexpected for Houston, Jazz could unexpectedly stumble.

I don't care who the opponent will be. I'll just be happy to see Utah make the playoffs.
Bump. Told everyone not to strut around like this game was a sure "W." Jazz should be ashamed of themselves. Cole freakin' Aldrich schooled our bigs. I take back what I said about Rudy. F'in sign Hassan and trade Gobert. He's a POS if he can't even defend a scrub like Cole. I hope Utah misses the playoffs so DL will find some guys who want to play. What an embarrassment!