What's new

Official Rudy Gobert Trade Ideas Thread

David Hume

I like Rudy and want to see him stay. And it's hard for me to even think of a plausible trade. About the only other center who intrigues me is Bam Adebayo. That ain't happening. Even if he were available, I'm still happy with Rudy. But if you want to throw names around, Bam is one.

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
I like Rudy and want to see him stay. And it's hard for me to even think of a plausible trade. About the only other center who intrigues me is Bam Adebayo. That ain't happening. Even if he were available, I'm still happy with Rudy. But if you want to throw names around, Bam is one.

Miami blocks our number if we did that lol. I would take Bam over Gobert all day every day. He fits our timeline better and is a switchable defender.

David Hume

Sabonis, Turner, and Collins are interesting too, at least to some degree. But toss Rudy at this point? I say no.

David Hume

Miami blocks our number if we did that lol. I would take Bam over Gobert all day every day. He fits our timeline better and is a switchable defender.
You could be correct White Chocolate, I accept that I'm probably biased and suffering from "homerism." Still, the question remains: who could we plausibly get that improves on Gobert? What team would take his contract and give us a better return? Those types of questions are tough to answer.

Ineptimusprime

Sabonis, Turner, and Collins are interesting too, at least to some degree. But toss Rudy at this point? I say no.
It’s not happening guys. Dennis said Rudy is the best ever during the interview today, and we can’t trade him until October anyway, so he’s not going anywhere. We can end this thread.

Bawse Dawg

Let’s just remember that it’s really easy to become the Blazers. Lillard is not enough by himself even being the franchise cornerstone for a decade. And we don’t even have a CJ.

The FO have been mostly terrible with the draft and trades. Mortgaging one of the two killer moves they’ve made in the last decade just to follow the Trail Blazers model. I’m not sure about that. Rudy still does a lot of good things for us.

mhindy

Let’s just remember that it’s really easy to become the Blazers. Lillard is not enough by himself even being the franchise cornerstone for a decade. And we don’t even have a CJ.

The FO have been mostly terrible with the draft and trades. Mortgaging one of the two killer moves they’ve made in the last decade just to follow the Trail Blazers model. I’m not sure about that. Rudy still does a lot of good things for us.
Depends what you get in return, the main thing that move does is reset our timeline and (hopefully) restock the asset cupboard a little bit. Might be correct given Bojan, Ingles, Conley all likely have their best ball behind them.

VoiceofSanity

The series sucked, but Gobert was a big part in the Jazz getting further than they have been since 2008(making it to a game 6 in the WCSF) and having the best record in the NBA. The Jazz took a giant step in the right direction this year. Did anyone actually think the Jazz were going to win the championship this year? They overachieved and Rudy was a major reason why.

I say this, but I'm not 100% against trading him. You always do what is best for your team. If you can get a true offensive superstar to go with Mitchell, ok make the trade. I just don't see that happening.

The Jazz Wonderbra

It ain't happening of course but..

Jarrett Allen (S&T @4 years $100 million) + Larry Nance Jr. + (pipe dream?) draft pick swap for Gobert. We get a lesser version of gobert, more athleticism, and a high pick for the leagues best center.

Also, I have been saying all series that if you keep gobert in the paint, he is the leagues best defender. If he is pulled out, he SUCKS. So, if the jazz run it back then we need to be able to scheme to keep gobert in the paint and give up drives and elbow jumpers but eliminate 3s.