What's new

Official "Thank You Utah Jazz!" Thread

I watched more games that year than this one. That team was bad but no where near as boring as this one was. I would have watched far more games if the young guys played and we lost.

How many games do you go to gregbroncs? Because that's what it comes down to: attendance. I would guaran-****in-tee that most of you guys here crying about young guys getting PT would not go to said games if young guys were getting all that PT and we were a 30-win team. So I'm calling BS.

I think the Jazz could realistically construct a roster in which Hayward/Burks/Favors/Kanter play prominent roles and the Jazz remain competitive so that they're not only playing "meaningful" games (the Jazz employee buzzword for the week) but also actually developing the Core-4 in leading roles - which you know...could've been done this year if going all out for the 8th seed wasn't such a priority.

They should be pushing for the playoffs. Even the 8 seed. EVERY SEASON! There is no way in hell that fans in Utah would continue to pay to attend the games if the product isn't at least competitive on a night-in/night-out basis. And that means being perennial playoff contenders. They playoffs are my yearly expectations. Those were not met this season, and I'm not happy about it, but I look forward to seeing this team and Coach Corbin continue to grow as the seasons pass. Like I said in the OP: I can't wait for October. Lets go Jazz and get r done in the offseason!

How many games do you go to gregbroncs? Because that's what it comes down to: attendance. I would guaran-****in-tee that most of you guys here crying about young guys getting PT would not go to said games if young guys were getting all that PT and we were a 30-win team. So I'm calling BS.

Call BS all you want Dr. Wang.

(Geez this guy is a tool)

They should be pushing for the playoffs. Even the 8 seed. EVERY SEASON! There is no way in hell that fans in Utah would continue to pay to attend the games if the product isn't at least competitive on a night-in/night-out basis. And that means being perennial playoff contenders. They playoffs are my yearly expectations. Those were not met this season, and I'm not happy about it, but I look forward to seeing this team and Coach Corbin continue to grow as the seasons pass. Like I said in the OP: I can't wait for October. Lets go Jazz and get r done in the offseason!

Please carefully define r for the rest of us whiney tards. Jazzfanz thanks you.

They should be pushing for the playoffs. Even the 8 seed. EVERY SEASON! There is no way in hell that fans in Utah would continue to pay to attend the games if the product isn't at least competitive on a night-in/night-out basis. And that means being perennial playoff contenders...I look forward to seeing this team and Coach Corbin continue to grow as the seasons pass. Like I said in the OP: I can't wait for October. Lets go Jazz and get r done in the offseason
2012-13 Average Attendance of your 43-39 Jazz who came oh so close to that ever elusive 8-seed - 18,632 (6 sellouts).
2004-05 Average Attendance of the 26-win Jazz that nobody would "pay to attend" - 18,756 (7 sellouts).

But what about after the fans realized that team sucked and wasn't going to the playoffs?
2004-05 Average Attendance after the all-star break: 18,253 (1 sellout)
2012-13 Average Attendance after the all-star break: 18,321 (1 sellout)

...so - there's no substantial difference in attendance between a 43-39 Jazz team that tried oh so hard to meet your playoff expectations but just missed out on that as well as a high draft pick, and a 26-56 Jazz team that missed the playoffs but gained a top-3 NBA point guard and top-12 NBA player who became the face of the franchise in his first 3-4 years. How the heck do you expect to build a winning team without atleast one talented high lottery pick? Without 26-56 there is no Deron in Utah, and without Deron in Utah there is no Favors/Kanter (and arguably Burks) now. I don't believe in tanking, but I also don't believe in being the 14-18th best team every year. The Jazz are in a position where they don't need to tank - but they do need to deliver on a long-overdue passing of the torch.

2012-13 Average Attendance of your 43-39 Jazz who came oh so close to that ever elusive 8-seed - 18,632 (6 sellouts).
2004-05 Average Attendance of the 26-win Jazz that nobody would "pay to attend" - 18,756 (7 sellouts).

But what about after the fans realized that team sucked and wasn't going to the playoffs?
2004-05 Average Attendance after the all-star break: 18,253 (1 sellout)
2012-13 Average Attendance after the all-star break: 18,321 (1 sellout)

...so - there's no substantial difference in attendance between a 43-39 Jazz team that tried oh so hard to meet your playoff expectations but just missed out on that as well as a high draft pick, and a 26-56 Jazz team that missed the playoffs but gained a top-3 NBA point guard and top-12 NBA player who became the face of the franchise in his first 3-4 years. How the heck do you expect to build a winning team without atleast one talented high lottery pick? Without 26-56 there is no Deron in Utah, and without Deron in Utah there is no Favors/Kanter (and arguably Burks) now. I don't believe in tanking, but I also don't believe in being the 14-18th best team every year. The Jazz are in a position where they don't need to tank - but they do need to deliver on a long-overdue passing of the torch.

You're assuming that the ****ty play and record would be limited to one season, maybe even two. But then before you know it, you're stuck in lottery land because of all the lottery picks (many of which do not pan out) aka "young guys" that you have. I'll concede you get away with it, but you have to have a LOT of factors go your way. Including having the foreknowledge that such a franchise changing player exists to be drafted, sucking bad enough to get into the lottery, winning the lottery, and then having that player actually become the one you think he will. I'm sure that Atlanta didn't think that Marvin Williams would turn out to be a disappointment. I'm sure Portland didn't know that Sam Bowie would be a bust. It's a GAMBLE! And when you run a business you don't take unnecessary gambles. Not if you want to stay in business long-term.

I guess I'm not really surprised at how many whiny little baby nitpicker complainer fans there are.

So someone decided to thank the Jazz players, organization and fans for a good year of Jazz basketball. Is that an open invitation to dump your crappy attitudes on that person? Maybe the jazz should paint a GM on half of their ESA seats, and a Coach on the rest just to make you all feel better. Even if Jedi was trolling, and I'm not sure he was, there is nothing wrong with a thank you. Lighten up.

Considering the prevalence of cynical sarcasm on this board, its not surprising when something positive is construed as trolling.

Jedi mauler has a foul mouth daddy would not be proud of.

Considering the prevalence of cynical sarcasm on this board, its not surprising when something positive is construed as trolling.

Jeditiger, the logic of your posts does not connect. First you thank the Jazz for a great season when it was mired with so many mistakes, such uninspired play, and a failure to compete, and at the same time you say you want to them to always compete. Well, if you had any understanding of the game of basketball, you would see that this team underachieved abysmally and a lot had to do with Corbin, which is why we are upset. No, we're not whiny bitches; we want the team to play their best and have a coach who gets his team to play their best. That is all. And I concur -- it was the worse season the Jazz have had since I've been following them for the last 20 years. So, no thank you, Jazz. I'll only give thanks when you get rid of Corbin and start to get the most out of your team.