What's new

Official Utah/Minnesota/Philadelphia Pick Watch

Every time Lakers lose is a great day. Just hope we draft sf like 6’7-6’9 with some shooting, they will always have a career if D is right there.
No we need Lakers to get into play-in. We need Minny as low as possible and the Pels cannot get another top pick.. especially not top 2 (they own Lakers 2023 pick unprotected).

While I normally agree that Lakers losing is the next best thing after Jazz winning.. but this year we need them to win.

Its disgusting that those damn Lakers cannot even pretend to threaten the .500 mark. They gonna give Minny a freebie and serve the Pels with a top pick.

I mean, imagine leading a game by 11 at half time and then being down by 19 at the end of 3rd quarter... how can you even be that inconsistent? And Dallas didnt even run the score against their bench... Lebron, Russ, Lonnie and Bryant were team low -22 in that quarter.
They were lucky to hit some threes in the first half, came back to earth in the second. In general watching them on offense is hilarious, their spacing is so bad, it looks like watching the game from the 80'. Pels are so damn lucky.

They were lucky to hit some threes in the first half, came back to earth in the second. In general watching them on offense is hilarious, their spacing is so bad, it looks like watching the game from the 80'. Pels are so damn lucky.
don't worry they will probably try to trade the injured AD if they have just to avoid giving the season away and watching the Pelicans get rewarded for it.
Maybe a AD + 2 firsts to Raptors with PBev and Nunn for Siakim, GTJ , Dalano Banton and the Raptors 23 and 25 2nds.
Lakers would push for the play in adding those 2. Raptors get a replacement level possibly better player in AD + 2 unprotected picks. Raps are not winning anything this season anyway either at this point and GTJ is on the block so why not

No we need Lakers to get into play-in. We need Minny as low as possible and the Pels cannot get another top pick.. especially not top 2 (they own Lakers 2023 pick unprotected).

While I normally agree that Lakers losing is the next best thing after Jazz winning.. but this year we need them to win.
While this is absolutely correct I just can't bring myself to cheer for the fakers.

Jon is normally kind of reserved... went pretty hard at Rudy here. They got issues. Some tough games coming... hopefully they kind of give up as the road gets tougher.

Jon is normally kind of reserved... went pretty hard at Rudy here. They got issues. Some tough games coming... hopefully they kind of give up as the road gets tougher.

Given some of the personalities on that team, I wouldn't be shocked to see them completely implode at some point.

I legitimately feel bad for Rudy Gobert. Such a good guy, who doesn’t deserve this.

There was a lot of optimism for them in the beginning. . . but man that team has been trash.

With that said, I want Wembanyama. They can figure it out next year. I want Minnesota to absolutely crash and burn this year.

If we end up trading Olynyk then Naz Reid is a guy that we should target this offseason to fill his role. The wolves made a big mistake not letting him become a restricted free agent last offseason so they could sign him to an extension.

I legitimately feel bad for Rudy Gobert. Such a good guy, who doesn’t deserve this.

There was a lot of optimism for them in the beginning. . . but man that team has been trash.

With that said, I want Wembanyama. They can figure it out next year. I want Minnesota to absolutely crash and burn this year.

I wish we could jump forward another couple months so we have more clarity on our picks. At this point everyone is still so tightly bundled that a team can get hot for a few weeks and move up 5 spots in the west.

Given some of the personalities on that team, I wouldn't be shocked to see them completely implode at some point.
And they might even get some stuff figured out… then KAT comes back from injury and it throws the formula off again. If Edwards ends up missing any time they screwed. I can see him checking out mentally if they fall 3-4 games out of the play in during the next month. Long term they likely move KAT or Rudy and I’d be very nervous building around Ant… they jumped the gun so hard with their all-in move.

Jazz should twist the knife on em and offer Naz the full MLE this summer.

And they might even get some stuff figured out… then KAT comes back from injury and it throws the formula off again. If Edwards ends up missing any time they screwed. I can see him checking out mentally if they fall 3-4 games out of the play in during the next month. Long term they likely move KAT or Rudy and I’d be very nervous building around Ant… they jumped the gun so hard with their all-in move.

Jazz should twist the knife on em and offer Naz the full MLE this summer.

I said it before what really was the urgency with the all-in move?

I was definitely wrong on the Wolves/Gobert fit. I gave the Wolves too much benefit of the doubt that them doing the move meant they had a better game plan for how to actually use Gobert.

Why would you trade for Gobert if you arent ready to optimize him?

I just hope he can get traded to a team where he actually makes sense. Give him an elite playmaker and shooters.

Man, it's looking like Ainge absolutely fleeced Minnesota. Great for us, but I can't help but feel bad for Rudy.

View: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1607793044077613056

I will say this about Gobert:

I dont think people realized how much of an athletic drop off he has had over the past 2 years with Utah. He was still able to be incredibly effective without having much vertical burst at all. And his lateral defensive quickness stayed pretty consistent combined with just better perimeter defensive fundamentals. Watching him in Minny this year, I dont think there has been any additional drop off. Maybe NBA players have finally realized that fact though and they arent as intimated by his shotblocking.